Part 8

If there is one thing that Sivaangi was incapable of doing, it was saying no to Ashwin. That was the main reason why she also left without a question when he asked her to. She wanted him happy no matter what happened to her in the process. That's how deep her love for him was. It was truly unconditional. But that was not going to work nor was it healthy, and she learnt it the hard way.

Here he was standing outside his car with a longing expression on his charming face that melted her in a heartbeat. But, she had to protect her heart this time around. She was not going to choose him over her. She once thought he took better care of her more than herself. She felt safe and protected. However, all those were crushed to pieces in a flash. He might have had a thousand reasons to let go of her, but why did he not have a single reason to stay? Was she not enough for him to stay?

Why was he here at this time? Why did he care? She had no answers and she did not want any either. Though she sensed his pain, she could not let her guard down with him. She was torn between her heart that wanted to give him a chance and her mind which was dead against her being in his proximity.

She heard his breath on the call that was growing to be very heavy. His eyes were fixed on hers and even amidst darkness she could feel his intense gaze on her.

What was she supposed to do?

"Please Ma... I just need 5 minutes." He implored in his husky base voice and that was the end of all the logical thinking she had. This tone could make her do anything and he knew her too well.

"5 minutes" she asserted before ending the call.

After a few minutes he saw her walk out the gate in a cute PJ with a messy bun and no makeup that made her look not just adorable but perfect. He stood there frozen until she patted him on the shoulder like old times to bring him back to reality.

Sivaangi: Enna venum?

Ashwin: Drive ponum.

Sivaangi: Eduku?

Ashwin: Ice cream sapda..

Sivaangi: Enaku venam.

Ashwin: Enaku venum.

She glared at his guts to ask her out to get ice cream after deserting her at the studio.

Ashwin: I should have waited for you at the studio. I did want to. But..

Sivaangi: En happiness kaga vitutu poiteenga? Apdi dane? Indha kadhaya already solteenga

She said after being frustrated with his ignorant reasoning and immediately regretted it when she saw his eyes welling up.

Ashwin: Ma...

His voice broke as he was choked by his overwhelming emotions. She knew he was at fault but could not bear to see him breaking in front for her eyes. She immediately took his hands and squeezed them to comfort her man-child. He pulled back his tears and mustered up the courage to face her.

He was not sure if he should tell her the true reason for why he left. How could he talk anything about her personal life anyway? As he was contemplating to find a perfect response, his thoughts interrupted by her. 

Sivaangi: En vitutu poneenga nu keka maten. Aana neenga irupeenga nu nenachu veliya vanden... aana neenga illa paathadum... I felt like history was repeating itself.

Ashwin: Na eppovum inime unakaga irupen nu aniku sonen... aana iniku senju kata vendiya nerathla sodhapiten. Enaku un kovam puriyudu... adula endha thappum illa.

Her silence conveyed her insecurities. She was scared to trust him again and rightfully so. He has done nothing to gain back her trust, not yet atleast. He did not know what to say but he was cognizant of the fact that she wanted reassurance. She needed for him to show up and be there.