Part 6

The next couple of days went by fast for Sivaangi as her schedule was completely packed with recordings and practice sessions for Pugazh's reception party. She had no time to think about anything else or anyone else in particular.

Pugazh had wanted her to perform a couple of songs that were very close to his heart to make the occasion more memorable. Sivaangi has been a big part of his life since CWC2. Be it highs or lows, good days or bad, his sister remained constant by his side and he secretly believed that it was her who changed his life though she would never agree.

On the other hand, Aswhin inspite of his hectic days, filled with reading scripts and meeting directors for his next movies, could not keep Sivaangi out of his thoughts. He had sent her a couple of messages but there was no response from her. From receiving responses within seconds to silence for two full days was a lot for him to handle but he did not want to push his luck. She needed space and time to think and process. He had shown up all of a sudden and it would be unfair to expect anything more than what she was already doing at this point.

Sitting in a quaint Café after a table read, he was waiting to meet Rakshan to discuss his plan for a surprise performance at Pugazh's reception. Although both Pugazh and Rakshan were his closest of friends, Rakshan always understood him a tad bit better. He was a great listener and a truly non-judgmental person who accepted him as he is.

Just as he picked up his phone to call Rakshan, he saw a notification pop up which put an instant smile on his face. It was a message from his very own Rowdy.

"Eduku thaniya ukkandurkeenga?"

He looked around and found her sitting with her friends on the other corner of the Café. His smile widened seeing her. She looked like a dream in a purple dress with free hair and jhumkas.

"Rakshan varan"

His eyes were fixated on his mobile waiting for her response when he felt a pat on his shoulder.
He assumed it was Rakshan and turned around with a pout on his face to express his mood only to be surprised by seeing her standing next to him. This was the Sivaangi he knew and loved, the girl who stood by his side no matter what.

Sivaangi: Anna eppo varaaru?

Ashwin: Therla ma. Traffic nu nenaikren. Vandurvan.

Sivaangi: Na pathutu dan irunden. Already 20 minutes mela aachu. Call panlam la?

Ashwin: Apo ivlo neram en enna thaniya vita?

He just casually asked as if it were her responsibility to keep him company which made her stammer. She for a second felt guilty. 

Sivaangi: Yaarukaga wait panreenga nu therla. So, disturb panla.

Ashwin: Ippovachu vandhiye. Adhuve podhum.

Sivaangi: Na ippo kelambanum.

Ashwin: En ma?

His voice showed his yearning to spend time with her.

Sivaangi: Enaku recording iruku.

Ashwin: Epdi pora?

Sivaangi: Friend drop pannuvan.

Ashwin: Na drop pannava?

Sivaangi: Illa venam. Neenga anna va meet pannunga.

Ashwin: Avana recording studio vara solren.

Perks of being well-wishers to the outside world he thought to himself.

Ten minutes later, he was helping her get inside his car, the one she had wanted him to buy. In one of their random conversations during their break, she had shared her dream list of things to buy and that became his bucket list. He somehow felt a strange satisfaction in  fulfilling that wish list of hers. He was not sure if she remembered those but, in her absence, he tried to check off as many as possible from the list. He surrounded himself with everything that constantly reminded him of her and that was his way of loving her.