Part 13

Memories of him with her were too personal like carvings on a private diary that she would never share with anyone. The songs she heard with him and the lyrics that became so much more meaningful because of him, their late-night conversations, random musings, surprise outings and most special of all - the innumerable dishes he cooked for her.

Be it any mood of hers - happy, sad, cranky, upset, angry or excited, the first thing she craved was the mushroom pasta he made. On set or off did not matter. Wherever he was, he somehow made it a point to satisfy her craving as soon as possibly could. One time when he was shooting in Bombay for an Ad film, she had texted just one word. "Craving". In the next hour, the pasta made from his recipe by the super sweet Kani akka was delievered home. That's how much he took care of her. Reminiscing those beautiful days often left her with a void that no one could ever fill just like this very moment. 

He made her feel like a princess. Those eyes of his never moved away from her even for a fraction of a second when they were together and it seemed like the world around them vanished in each other's presence. From knowing the tiniest details of her life to fulfilling every silly wish of hers like counting the stars on a no moon day, he was much more than she ever imagined. Sadly, all along she knew that he was going to be someone else's better half and these memories were the only thing she could call hers.

Who would not fall for a man like him even if it was only for a short-lived dream? She was no exception.

The few minutes it took for the elevator to reach, a hundred thousand memories flooded her thoughts.

Did this dish mean nothing more than a dish to him? How could he possibly put it on a menu card for anyone to choose from? Maybe she should have expected this to happen. After all she was the only one in their one-sided relationship. Her mind mocked at her heart that believed she had a chance at love. 

With her thoughts suffocating her, she was unaware of the call Ani got and him telling her that he had to take it. She was lost in her own world when a pat on her shoulder jerked her. She turned around to see Pugazh who was standing inches away from her. Though it made no sense as to where she was or why her brother was here, she put a smile on her face. She was so used to faking a smile and putting on a happy face that it actually became a habit which she did instantly.

Pugazh: Kutty Ma

Sivaangi: Anney.. Neenga enga inga?

Pugazh: Mapla dan ma kooptan. Mithra .. Rakshan lam vandurkanga.

Sivaangi: Semma. Na recording mudichutu Ani kooda vanden. Inga dan irundaru.. enga nu therla.

Pugazh: Avaruku edo call vanduchu nu andha side vanda apo dan nee inga iruka nu sonaru.

Sivaangi: Ohh.. na edo yosanaila gavanikala.

Pugazh: Un mogame seri illa da. Enna aachu?

Sivaangi: Seriya thoongala. Seri airum.

She saw Ani coming back after finishing his call with a tense look on his face.

Sivaangi: Enna Ani aachu? You look so tensed.

Ani: Sivu.. I am ok. Friend ku oru chinna accident. Na poi paathutu varnum. Na unna drop pantu poren.

Sivaangi: Nee kelambu. Naa en driver ah vara solikren. I will be ok. Just call me from there.

Pugazh: Driver lam onum venam. Na dan iruken la.. Naaney veetla safe a drop panren. Ani neenga kavala padaadeenga.

Ani: Aama Pugazh kooda iru. I will feel better that way.

She knew that her brother was with Ashwin and it would just get more complicated if she stayed. She just wanted to leave.

Sivaangi: Naanum un kooda varava?