Part 36

Those words. The intensity in his eyes. Love that shone through. Fervor like never before.

To be his want, need, desire, wish and dream made her breathless and more alive than ever, all at the same time.

How was she supposed to take it all in and not be overwhelmed? Not feel dazed? 

It wasn't the first time she found herself at a loss for words after his wizardry of handling simple words that conceived the heaviest of emotions in them. However, this was unlike anything that he had ever said.

To have heard him blatantly confess that he needed her for himself was more bewitching that any of her wildest dreams. 

It wasn't implied or masked under a subtle eye lock that usually conveyed all of their intense emotions and to witness those orbs gaping at her without the slightest hint of apprehension was intoxicating.

He was her drug. A drug she had been addicted to for a very long time.

All she wanted was to put his soul out of misery and whisper back that she was his. She always had been. From the very day she had met him all those years ago, her heart had been his.

But what if he breaks her heart, yet again?

After all, it would not be the first time. He had done it once and she still bore the scars of it deep in her heart and soul. Loneliness that seemed to have crept into her so much that she could not pull it out without killing herself.

How was she supposed to believe that it would not happen again when she still was in the dark about why he had chose to leave her stranded three years ago?

He saw her struggling to look him the eye and sensed that she was fighting a battle within herself.

While her heart implored to trust the love that gleamed through his eyes, her mind that was still too scarred beseeched not to fall for him, albeit with good reason.

He could leave and give her the alone time to think or he could stay and reassure that he was going to be her rock, no matter what.

Knowing her too well, there was only one right option and it was for him to stay and help her break those walls she had carefully built to keep herself detached, to keep her heart from breaking again and most importantly to stay far away from him.

"Evlo neram ipdiye nikkalam nu iruka?", he chuckled to bring her focus back from all those meandering thoughts that were taking over her conscious to them.

(How long do you plan to stand like this?)

Blinking at his chuckle, she realized that their bodies had been glued together all this time and her hands rightfully holding his tee for support.

His hands caressed the nape of her neck and she instantly closed her eyes as mild shivers traversed across all parts of her body.

While there was nothing more pleasurable than to hold her forever, it wasn't the right time yet and he had to take a step back from her before all of his restrain vanquished in the warmth of her body.

As inviting and tempting it was, to lose the damn the stupid self-control, she deserved it to be more magical than a transitory lapse of restrain.

He gently released his hold on her and took a step back but instantly missed the feeling of their touch sending chills through him.

Missing his warmth, she flew open her eye lids to make sure he hadn't felt her alone and sighed a relief when he was still there, gaping at the redness of her cheeks with a smile.