Part 11

Pugazh and Mithra were at the resort, getting everything set up for their Sangeeth function which was happening the following evening. Though there have been a lot of meetups and reunions post CWC2, not everyone on the team could make it due to schedules and commitments.

Having changed each one's life, the show not only was a life changing experience but also gave each one a family that they can depend on and Mithra became a part of it when she got into a serious relationship with Pugazh.

Despite knowing the kind of bond this family shared, the depth of it was astounding to her. It was so much more than she ever imagined. From being alone all her life to becoming a part of this huge family that showered her with immense love was nothing less than a dream come true.

Both Pugazh and Mithra wanted their marriage to be an occasion to celebrate this family that was not connected by blood but by hearts with unconditional love. What is better than to have the presence and blessings of the people that gave her a sense of family after 25 years?

Out of all the people, they were closest to Sivaangi. She was an integral part of their life and more like their first kid. Regardless of her huge growth and success, Pugazh always knew that she wasn't happy. Did she really think that he of all people would not notice if she buried herself with work to conceal her pain? What was so personal that she couldn't share it with him?

A million other questions with no answers kept him company every day. But he trusted that she would have a strong reason and that she will someday open up. He had no choice but to be a mute spectator and wait for the day to come.

The day his marriage with Mithra was confirmed was the first time he saw her jump around in happiness like old times. He still vividly remembered her hugging him so tight and a few drops of tears rolling down her cheeks once she heard the news.

"Intimate ah close people matum kooptu edachu oru resort la dreamy ah pannanum anney.", she said.

"Nee solta la thangachi... adhu madriye panlam", he confirmed in a heartbeat.

Looking at the setup around him, his eyes welled up. All he wanted was to atleast have the luxury of fulfilling a few of her wishes if not all, by making sure everything about his marriage was exactly what Sivaangi wanted.

Mithra: Enna yosikreenga?

Pugazh: Idulam paatha ava happy ah irupaa la?

Mithra: Kandippa happy ah irupa.

Pugazh: Avaluku oru surprise um vechurken.

Mithra: Enna surprise?

Pugazh: Nalaiku paathu therinjuko. Nee avalta olariduva.

That was true. Over the last year, Mithra was closer to Sivaangi than Pugazh and there was every possibility that she would spoil his surprise.

***

At Ani's home studio, the recording was almost done. It was a fun intimate song and would easily be the next "Kaadhal sadu gudugudu". Her husky tone and her sexy modulations were making the song more romantic than the lyrics by itself. Even after recording with her for atleast 15 songs, she always managed to surprise him with something new, exciting and fresh. This song was no exception.

His emotions were all over the place. Her smile with a shine in her eyes and happiness in her voice, aroused a feeling that was completely uncharted. There was a line between them that he always managed to maintain and at this moment it was non-existent. The racing heartbeat witnessed the torment his mind was under. He was literally floored.

There she stood, across the glass wall that separated them, oblivious of the man who was still dumbfounded by the way she rendered the song until she was done with her portion to ask him if the take was ok.