bookstore

- wholesome content yuh
- idk why i had to be this aesthetic with this one but it was apparently necessary in my mind
- this kind of feels like i could write a book with this idea
- cringe warning lol
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

y/n's pov

i lived in a super old and tiny apartment. a few blocks from it was my favorite bookstore and coffee shop. i was a little embarrassed that my place wasn't nicer, but it was all i could get in new york. i loved walking everywhere though.

even though my books were stacked high on my floor i still wanted more. i could never have too many books. i threw on some jeans and a button up, tied my hair up, and left. i locked my janky door and made my way to the bookstore. i smiled as i opened the door that led out of my apartment complex.

the sun warmed my cheeks and i began wishing i wasn't wearing long sleeves. i rolled them up as i walked. once i got there i walked in, hearing the little bell ring above my head. "welcome once again.." the woman at the register spoke. her name was laura. we knew each other because of how much i came to that store. "once again.." i sighed, smiling.

she leaned over the counter, gazing at me. "what will it be this time.." her eyes sparkled with excitement. "i'm thinking about tackling the romance section this time." i winked smiling. "ahh that will be the second time this week.." she laughed. i smiled as i walked towards the iron spiral staircase.

once i got upstairs i made my way to the romance section. i scanned the shelves, looking up and on my tippy toes. the ladder that was usually here wasn't there today. i was gonna lean over the iron railing to ask laura where it was when an arm reached above me. my breath caught in my throat as i looked up, following the arm with my eyes. "um...sorry...i was actually gonna look at that one.."

i hesitated when i saw his face. he towered over me. his smile was breathtaking. "oh i know.." he smiled at his feet and looked back to me. "i could tell you weren't gonna be able to reach it.." he chuckled at my size. "what's funny.." i smiled, rolling my eyes. "ah nothing.." he said handing me the book. "it is funny to see someone like you rummaging through romance novels though.." i joked.

"someone like me ?" he smiled. "you don't seem like the type to be around here.." i talked not facing him, as i searched along the shelves. "is that so ?" i bent down, reading the spines of the books as he rambled on about how he was "just passing through". "mhm mhm that sounds convincing but i do like to do my book shopping in silence.." i teased.

"oh yeah ?" he egged on. "why don't we get a coffee after then ? or do you like to drink those in silence too ?" he joked. i shook my head, turning back to face him. "i guess i can make a small change to my day.." he smiled at my answer. "great, then i'll go to the section i was actually heading to and when we're both done shopping we'll head there together ?"

"sure.." i nodded. i was eager to know what section he was actually heading to. i picked out two more books, and headed back down the stairs. i smiled at laura as i handed her the ones i was purchasing. "three more to the collection.." she scanned them. "yep ! quite excited to see how these ones turn out.."

i looked up to see him heading down the stairs. laura put my books in a paper bag and handed them to me. i leaned against the counter eyeing him jokingly as he got his books rung up. "manga hm ?" i looked over his books. "sure is.." he smiled down at me. he stuck his finger in my bag, pulling it open. "pride and prejudice hm ?" "sure is.." i mocked. we began walking out.

"out of the amount of books i have, i'm greatly surprised i don't own that one yet." "well now you do.." he said as he opened the coffee shop door. we both purchased our coffees and sat outside. "my name's vinnie by the way.." i pushed my straw through the lid to my iced coffee. "oh ! shoot i totally forgot to ask..my name's y/n.." so ditsy of you.. i thought to myself. "i love that name.." he leaned on his elbows on the table. "i love yours.."