Sanctuary *part 2* (chapter 9)

3rd person p.o.v

"So, this is how you got resurrected?" Steve asked illusion-Loki, who nodded forlornly, before snapping his fingers, proceeding the memory. "Take him to the dungeons," Thanos demanded as he sat back on his throne, with a small smirk on his revolting purple face. Maw and the other left to take Loki to the dungeons, with Maw telekinetically lifted the now living Asgardian in the air behind him, he floated behind him as if he were laying on an invisible bed.

After a few corridors of twists and turns, they stopped at a metal door, the other pulled out a large ring of keys and inserted one into the keyhole, he twisted it and shoved the door open. Maw held up a finger and the still unconscious Asgardian floated into the cell, Maw quickly lowered his finger. The still motionless Asgardian fell abruptly on his back, making a loud *thud* noise that reverberated across the walls of the empty hall.

The group winced slightly, and took a few deep breaths before staring at the screen, Illusion-Loki looked at the group emotionlessly, before returning his attention to the memory. Maw left the doorway, and the other closed the door, then the hologram turned black. "Is it over?" Tony asked as he massaged his back Illusion-Loki turned to him; "Oh no, this is only the beginning." Everyone paled, Clint spoke up; "What do you mean, my back hurts like it got run over with a bulldozer and slammed with a sledgehammer!" Illusion-Loki frowned and tilted his head slightly, before answering; "Would you like me to decrease the pain factor?"

Murmurs of confirmation rang around the room, Illusion-Loki nodded and waved his hand slightly, everyone sighed in relief as the pain stopped, Illusion-Loki spoke up; "This is the part where the torture starts, so either way, I would have reduced the pain factor." The Avengers tensed up slightly, Illusion-Loki resumed the memory; Loki was slowly waking up, he groaned and opened his eyes, a voice to his left spoke up. on your left reference.)

"It appeared the reincarnation worked, I was afraid you would be unconscious, or in a coma, and that would've been unfortunate." Loki turned to the source of the voice, Maw slowly stepped out of the shadows of the cell, Loki quickly got to his feet. "Who are you, where am I." "That's no matter for you to know Jotun runt," Maw said, Loki paled. "H- how do you know that n- no kno-" Loki was going to finish but Maw cut him off. "No one knows? Lord Thanos knows all runt." Loki paled, if it was possible, even more, and the mention of Thanos. "T- the mad Titan? Wasn't he banished millennia ago?" Maw chuckled, then replied; "Yes he was banished, but he made his way here, to the void. And he lives here now, picking up strays he finds like you."

"W- what are you going to do me?" The Asgardian asked shakily. "That is none of your business runt." Maw replied; "We will give you a few days to decide if you will join us willingly, or not." Loki scoffed, "Why would I join you?" Maw chuckled dryly, "Everyone does, it's only a matter of time before you give in everyone does." And with that Maw stilled out of the cell and locked the door behind him.

Loki got shakily to his feet and stared at the door for a few minutes before examining the cell. He looked in cracks and crevices, but all of them were reinforced, with no way out he gave up and started pacing the cell. After a few minutes, he stopped and looked at the cell door. Wait, why didn't I think of this before, I could use my Siedr to get out. He closed his eyes and sat down on the floor off the cell, when he opened them they were glowing green.

"Woah, that's your magic," Tony said awestruck as he stared at the screen. "That's a basic energy blast, but yes." Illusion-Loki replied Clint spoke up; "Your eyes are glowing, that looks so cool!" Illusion-Loki smiled a bit before replying; "Yes, that usually happens when I use my Siedr to its full capacity, something I never usually would do." "Wait why, that looks so cool," Clint replied,

"Well, for one Seidr takes energy from the user, two, it can be... chaotic at times." Clint nodded and absorbed the information. A small ball of white light with green on the edges was being formed in between Loki's hands, after a few seconds of the ball slowly expanding, he stopped and pulled his hands away. The ball hovered in the air for a moment before being grasped by Loki, who grabbed it and swung it at the door, which exploded into bits of flying metal. Loki shielded himself briefly with his arm before making his way to the now-destroyed cell door.

Before he could leave though, a Black dwarf (basically what Cull Obsidian is) entered the doorway, bending its head slightly to get into the room, but before it could attack, Loki threw an energy blast at it, causing it to crumble to the ground. A Chitauri (I'm assuming Maw's a chitauri because google doesn't know.) came into the room and started throwing pieces of metal that were scattered across the floor, but Loki stopped them with his telekinesis and threw them back. "You have telekinesis?!" Tony shrieked, turning to Illusion-Loki who replied with a *Yes. so?* expression.

"Can you please let me do some tests on you when we get back?" TOny was practically begging the Asgardian by this point, who only replied; "You'll have to ask my real self about that." Loki continued deflecting the metal being hurled at him, one of them hit maw in the head, causing him to fall off balance and stopping his telekinesis. A blue woman stood behind Maw in the doorway, a menacing double-pointed staff held in her hands (Proxima Midnight). He quickly ran at him, but before she could cross the room, Loki shot her with an energy blast and she dropped to the floor.

"Well, that was easier than expected."He muttered under his breath then left the room, but not before taking the staff, which was lying discarded on the floor. After a few corridors of twists and turns, he stopped in front of 2 large black double doors. The avengers tensed in anticipation for seeing the Titan again and for Loki's sake. Loki pushed the doors open and stepped inside and brandished the staff. "Trying to escape already I see." A dark voice said from the end of the room, Loki turned quickly and pointed his staff into the darkness. "Who are you, where am I?"

"That is not of your concern, runt." The voice said as it stepped into the light, his repulsive purple face was no less easy to see the second time than it was the first, he was wearing gold and blue armour instead of the gold and purple like last time. Loki blanched at the sight of Thanos, before forcing out a few words; "N- No, it can't be. You were banished!" Thanos chuckled before replying; "Did you think that simple banishment would keep me from the world of the living, runt?"

Loki gripped the staff and swiftly launched himself at the mad Titan, aiming for his head, but the Titan stopped him, grabbing his wrist tightly with his fist. He grabbed his wrist tighter and punched him on the side of his head, Loki crumpled to the ground dazed and dizzy, he heard the doors of the throne room open again, and he saw the same 3 figures he had incapacitated before barge in. The blue woman grabbed her staff then approached him, she grabbed him in a chokehold and turned to the Titan. "Father, if I may be the one to have the honour of ridding this world of this Jotun scum."

"That is of no need Proxima, we have... plans for him." She reluctantly let the grip on his neck falter, but that was all the hesitation he needed. He quickly shoved his elbow to her neck, effectively leaving her gasping for air, he quickly kicked her in the head, knocking her out. A blast of magic or two effectively incapacitated the other two of Thanos' children. He grabbed the staff and slowly advanced closer to the Titan, who was sitting on his throne, an amused look on his face. "I don't think this is going to end well," Clint said, Natasha replied. "Me neither."

"Runt, you know that any attack you do will be futile." The Titan said to Loki, who was still slowly approaching the throne with the staff, the Titan sighed, before ordering; "Very well, do it." He then realized that the Titan was looking at someone behind him, and not at him. He turned around and saw Maw. The chitauri quickly lifted a finger, but that was the only warning he got before everything started blurring, black crept in the edge of his vision, he felt the world sway, around him and everything went black.

-This chapter was supposed to be longer, and I didn't realize it didn't save until now, sorry about that - just-a-random-tissue.