Sanctuary *Part 8* (Chapter 15)

Fun fact, I wrote most of this chapter in the hospital ER waiting room, how amazing! *I fell of my bike and maybe broke my arm*

3rd person p.o.v

"We still didn't see the suicide attempt." Tony spoke up, everyone else in the room glowered at him, Illusion-Loki responded; "You will see it shortly." The screen brightened and everyone focused on it. Loki was lying on the floor, face-up, parts of his skin were charred and red, a dark line of blood was slowly seeping from under his hairline and onto the floor. The Avengers looked dazedly at the screen.

A small group of Chitauri, around 4 or 5. Unlocked the door, and stepped into the cell, with a bucket, with a liquid wallowing around, and a fire extinguisher of all things. The room was mostly dry now. The gasoline had been burned, except for a small flame in the corner, which the Chitauri with the fire extinguisher smothered. The Chitauri murmured to each other once again in the guttural language, before stopping, seeming to have agreed.

2 Chitauri stepped back from the ground, each of them grabbed a side of the bucket and spilled the contents at the unconscious Asgardian. Loki gasped and hacked for a few moments before opening his eyes. He sat up sluggishly and glanced around with unfocused eyes, he blinked a few times, then stared around the cell, his gaze eventually settled on the Chitauri, his eyes widened.

The Chitauri stared back at him for a second, before breaking eye contact and lumbering to the trunk in the corner. Loki shifted on the floor as he watched the Chitauri open the case. The Chitauri opened the chest and pulled out a long dagger, (The same one from chapter 10, cuz I love references.) The Chitauri with the knife glanced at Loki malignantly before advancing towards the Asgardian, the other Chitauri just stared with maniac grins.

Loki glared at the Chitauri as he came closer, then stopped, around a pace away from the Jotun. The Chitauri looked down at Loki, almost as if he was choosing which present to buy at a gift shop. The Chitauri spoke up; "You know, our master says you're stubborn, he told us to change that. And we will, eventually. But not until we make you suffer, not until we make you beg for death. And when you do, would I comply?" The Chitauri paused his rant and turned to Loki.

The Chitauri stepped closer to Loki, now only a few inches away, before continuing; "No." And with that, the Chitauri plunged the dagger into Loki's side. The Asgardian gasped and shoved the Chitauri away, who landed on his back roughly. The Chitauri sat up and glared at the Asgardian, whose wound was bleeding sluggishly. "Let's leave the vermin runt for a while before we become as pathetic as him."

"A-hole!" Tony yelled at the on-screen Chitauri. "language." Steve said automatically, Tony turned to look at the super-soldier, with a look of confusion on his face; "Did capsicle just say language?!" Everyone turned to Steve, who muttered; "It just slipped out." Illusion-Loki spoke up; "I will resume the hologram now." "On with the show," Clint murmured. The Chitauri clambered to their feet after their leader. Tony snickered, then commented; "He's like Dudley and his gang." Clint laughed, Bruce and Loki chuckled, and even Natasha permit herself a small smile, while Thor and Steve just had confused expressions on their faces.

"What is this Dudley you speak of, man of Iron?" Thor questioned, Steve looked just as puzzled. Illusion-Loki spoke up; "Dudley is a fictional character from a Midgardian book knows as Harry Potter." Tony swivelled in his seat to turn to Illusion-Loki, before asking; "You know Harry Potter?" Illusion-Loki raised an eyebrow, then replied; "Who doesn't?" He paused then continued; "Well, anyone except them." He gestured to the Thunderer and the Super Soldier, Tony snickered but quickly composed himself when the hologram resumed.

"Clean up the cell." The leader Chitauri ordered. The others scrambled around the room, cleaning up the various instruments on the floor, and putting them in the trunk. A gleam of metal in the corner of the cell caught Loki's eye, he glanced at the edge of the cell, a dagger was on the floor. It lay veiled in darkness and unnoticed by the Chitauri, who were scrambling around the cell, shoving different appliances into the crate. I could go and get the dagger now, they wouldn't see me. He thought groggily, his reasoning kicked in; No, what are you think? They'll see you. You're injured, wait until they leave, and then get the dagger.

He mentally agreed, satisfied with his plan, he waited until the Chitauri had left the cell, before he moved. He groaned as he sat up, accidentally pushing the dagger further into his abdomen. He grabbed the hilt and pulled it out, white-hot pain flared in his stomach. He couldn't scream, seeing as his throat was too hoarse, so he could only gasp and cough for a few moments, trying to regain his breath and get used to the pain. After a few minutes, the pain lessened. Thank the Norns he had his Siedr. He sat up further and made it on all fours.

He pulled himself up, leaning against the wall for support, before slowly stepping to the knife in the corner. He bent down and grabbed the dagger, and brought it up to the small window, that had a small amount of starlight streaming through the bars. The dagger wasn't a dagger at all, but a piece of rather long, pointed glass. He clicked his tongue. this will do. He thought as he gripped the glass tighter, carefully not to cut himself.

He glanced at it again, he looked at his reflection, green eyes started into green. He clutched it tighter this time, enough to cut his hand. A dark trail of blood slipped down his palm and onto the floor. I could do it, end it all. End it now. No more torture, no more pain, no nothing. He thought as he positioned the knife under his chin, he looked up at the ceiling, or what he assumed, since the roof of the cell was an abyss of black.

He wanted to say something before he went, something to someone, anyone, 2 names popped into his thoughts. Thor, and Frigga. He came up with a short, but quick sentence to say, his final words, if you would. He opened his mouth and spoke, after all it was the best he was good at. "Fyrirgefðu mér. Móðir og bróðir. Ég vona að þú fyrirgefir mér það sem ég ætla að gera, ég hitti þig einn daginn í sölum Valhalla." (translation; Forgive me. Mother and brother. I hope you forgive me for what I'm going to do, I'll meet you one day in the halls of Valhalla.)

He braced himself and pulled the piece of glass toward him. Stabbing pain erupted in his throat, the agony intensified with each beat of his heart. He could hear his heartbeat thumping loudly in his ears, the sound was the only comfort he had as he watched the world sway around him. Solid forms turned blurred, and eventually into smears of colour. Black crept into the edge of his vision, a sudden image of Thor's bright smile popped into his thoughts.

He smiled, well, tried to smile, but his life was rapidly fading. He hoped that he wouldn't regret his decision. He heard a bang, or what he assumed sounded like a bang since the loud thumping of his heart was drowning out most, if not all, of any noise. He heard shuffling around him, he felt himself being lifted if the floor. No! What are you doing, let me go! Let me g... but his thoughts were cut short, as his consciousness finally gave out, leaving him to sink into darkness.

Hope u like the chapter, - just-a-random-tissue