Parallels (Chapter 21)

Just saying, the pic is 100% true though

(Warning VERY vivid description of deaths)

"Wait, what do you mean *survive a 20, 000-foot drop*?" Clint questioned, Cassidy, sighed, then elaborated; "We managed to make it here, but it transported us in the upper atmosphere, after that we kinda just fell." Cassidy said, dazed. Loki sighed, already knowing where this was going. "And fell . . . I never knew if we were going to hit the bottom and get a quick death, or crash into the ground and crack our spines, stay paralyzed for a few moments before annihilation."  A haze started to seep from around the girl. 

"There was screaming, lots of screaming," Cassidy stated, her voice devoid of emotion by this point, the haziness continued to flow around her, the world around her blurred at the edges. "Wait, what's happening?" Tony asked drowsily, Loki replied, languished; "This is what happens when she recalls these events. It's also why we don't usually tend to bring them up." "Well, then what's she doing?" Natasha asked with a yawn. 

Loki dozed off for a bit before responding; "She's trying to put us into her consciousness, make us experience the events firsthand. I can tell you they're not pleasant. I suggest you give in to the drowsy feeling though, it makes it at least slightly less terrifying." Cassidy continued her monologue; "Then... something happened. I don't know what. There was a light, it was blinding, bright, oh so, so bright. Like staring at the sun." The mist became thicker. Now anything in or around it became darker, the middle of it concentrated on Cassidy, who now looked there was a fog machine underneath the floor where she was standing. 

By this point most of the people in the room had fallen unconscious, said people being Thor, Tony and Clint. Bruce, Steve and Natasha were struggling, but their attempts were becoming feeble with each passing moment. Loki seemed to be the most awake out of everyone, ignoring his own advice to look out for the rest of the team but was slowly coming closer to the point that Steve, Natasha and Bruce were at. "We fell, and fell, and fell." She repeated, the darkness around her suddenly turned inky, like tentacles.

 The blackness slowly crawled up her until she was completely encased in onyx. In a bright flash of light, the once barley-animated tentacles came to life and swarmed towards the unconscious group, Steve, Natasha and Bruce stared at the tentacles, perplexed, while Loki only sighed, then closed his eyes. The tentacles wrapped around their legs and pulled them into the void. 

oooO - - - Oooo

3rd person Loki experiencing Cass's memories P.O.V

Cold

Something frigid was being whipped around Loki's face, a horrible feeling set into this stomach at having to view this memory again.

He opened his eyes and look around him, the now more familiar cloud floated in the sky beside him, 5 or so other bodies were falling all around. By reflex, he looked down, staring at the stretch of green and blue before him, the Earth. The wind made his eyes water, and he closed them as if it was just a cold morning and not falling from 20, 000 feet in the sky.

A rolled over, so his back was to the ground already knowing what was going to happen and anticipating it. He squeezed his eyes shut, just in time a bright flash of light occurred, blinding him if he would have been facing the other way. A voice spoke up, he was never sure if the voice was speaking to him physically or telepathically, he made a mental note to ask Cassidy about that later. 

The disembodied voice always said the same thing; "Cassidy Bell, you have been chosen. Use your power wisely. Do not fail us." The world erupted into a multitude of colours, then the world dimmed and went black.