Sanctuary *Part 7* (chapter 14)

Sorry if this chapter's crappy, I put it off for a while and wasn't writing all that much.

3rd person p.o.v

Loki replied; "What more than that." He slowly started advancing towards Odin; "The casket wasn't the only thing you took from Jotunheim, that day, was it?" He stopped and stood in front of the stairs, staring at Odin. "No," Odin confirmed Loki's heart fell, he felt a sick sensation in the bottom of his stomach as he stared at the man he once called father. Odin continued; "In the aftermath of the battle, I went into the temple, and I found a baby. Small, for a giant's offspring. Abandoned, suffering, left to die. Laufey's son."

"Laufey's the king, right?" Clint whispered to Natasha, who whispered back;
Yes." "Laufey's son," Loki repeated, Odin replied; "Yes." Loki inhaled sharply and turned to Odin, before speaking up; "Why? You were knee-deep in Jotun blood. Why would you take me?" Why would he take you? You're pathetic, weak, not worth anything. Odin replied; "You were an innocent child." But Loki cut him off; "No, you took me for a purpose, what was it?" Loki stared at Odin, before screaming out; "Tell me!!!"

"I hate to be the one to say this, but that isn't a good excuse, I don't think anyone would adopt the kid of their enemies, just because they were innocent," Steve said, Illusion-Loki nodded and resumed the video. Odin responded; "I thought we could unite our kingdoms one day, bring about an alliance, bring about a permanent peace. Through you." "He wanted to use you as a bargaining chip for peace between your kingdoms?" Clint asked, horrified and sombre. Illusion-Loki responded; "That seemed like a good excuse, but I assume he actually took me as a war prize."

Loki breathed shakily before speaking up; "What?" Odin finished; "But those plans no longer matter." Loki spoke up "So I am nothing more than another stolen relic, locked up here until you might have use of me." Odin cut him off; "Why do you twist my words?" Tony spoke up; "He technically isn't *twisting your words*, it's literally what you said." Illusion-Loki resumed the hologram.

"You could have told me what I was from the beginning, why didn't you?" Loki yelled, Odin, replied; "You are my son, I only wanted to protect you from the truth." "That makes no sense, why would he lie to you to protect you, that's not how it works," Natasha said while frowning, IIlusion-Loki shrugged and resumed the video. Loki continued; "Why, because I- I- I'm the monster that parents tell their children about at night?!" Thor turned to Illusion-Loki and spoke up; "I'm so sorry brother, you're not a monster."

Illusion-Loki turned to Thor and replied; "I know you meant it when you say, it, but actions speak louder than words." Thor nodded gravely and turned to the screen. "No," Odin said faintly before bending down, Loki continued; "You know, it all makes sense now. Why you favoured Thor all these years," Thor looked away, Illusion Loki looked at him despairingly before turning his attention to the screen.

"Because no matter how much you claimed to love me," Loki gestured to himself; "you couldn't have a frost giant sitting on the throne of Asgard!" Odin fell limp, Loki looked at him, confused. His hands hovered over Odin's unconscious body for a moment, before grabbing his wrist. He felt a pulse, Loki stared at Odin for a few seconds before screeching; "Guards! Guards, please help!"

The doors boomed open as 2 einherjar burst into the room, approaching the fallen king. Loki stepped back as the guards pulled Odin up and dragged him out of the room. Loki turned to look at the Casket, still sitting on the pedestal before following the group out the door, the memory faded to black. Thor looked back at the screen with tears in his eyes, everyone else looked at Illusion-Loki with sympathy.

"What's next?" Bruce asked, Illusion-Loki replied; "You will now be shown my... suicide attempt in sanctuary." Everyone paled, Clint spoke up quietly; "So you attempted suicide twice now?" Illusion-Loki only nodded, everyone looked at him with empathy, while Bruce looked at him with understanding. Loki woke up once again in the cell, but noticeably, much time had passed. His hair had grown longer and many more parts of his body had been replaced with machinery.