You left it!? (Chapter 23)

Also, I'll have a section here for y'all to comment on stuff, like the pic or smth. 

"Mr. Friggason, and Miss. Bell, I would like to inform you that Miss. Potts and Mr. Hogan are currently in the elevator on the way to the conference room." A voice spoke up, but Loki ignored it in favour of sleeping. "I suggest you wake up, Mr. Friggason." The voice said again, Loki groaned, couldn't that blasted voice just leave him alone? "5 more minutes," He mumbled groggily, this time a different voice spoke up; "Loki, come one, get up. You can sleep later if you have to." Loki sighed, then opened his eyes, light stabbed into his retina's and he closed them hurriedly. 

"Do we have to get up now?" He garbled as he put his head on his forearms, trying to sleep again. "No, Loki. We don't want a repetition of the ice bucket challenge, now do we?" The voic- wait no, Cassidy said. At that, Loki sat up straight and glanced up. No bucket. He glared at Cassidy, who gave him a stern glare and did a sweeping motion in front of her face, Loki raised an eyebrow. "What?" He questioned, Cassidy, sighed then replied; 

"Illusion? You don't exactly look the best right now. And besides, it's not that great or professional to talk to people with cuts and blood all over your face." Loki's eyebrows raised into his hairline, when did his illusion fall? "If you had an illusion, may it rest in Valhalla," Cassidy replied sarcastically; "Get it? Because It's dead-" Cassidy said, explaining the joke, but Loki interrupted. "Yeah, yeah I get it." Loki waved his hand, a glimmer of green shone briefly over his vision before disappearing. 

"Is this better?" Loki asked, as he stared at Cassidy, who smirked; "Was that a TDW reference?" (Also, Cassidy said the acronym.) Loki smirked back; "maybe," he then added; "You know, I am starting to think you are a variant of me." Cassidy smiled mischievously; "I mean, I was you for Halloween one year." Loki looked puzzled; "Hallo-what?!" Cassidy sighed; "Is it my job now to educate the alien on earth customs?" 

"Apparently so," Loki answered cheerfully. Just as Cassidy was about to answer, the door opened, revealing a woman with Auburn hair and a slightly chubby man, both of them wearing suits. "I swear to God Tony if you do one more-" The woman said as she walked into the room, but she stopped short at seeing Loki and Cassidy. "Oh, um. Hello, who are you?" The woman said trying to compose herself and remain polite, despite being startled.

"Are you trespassers?" The man said, arms tensing slightly. "Um, no actually. You guys probably don't know who I am, but I'm pretty sure you know who he is." Cassidy said, pointing at Loki. The woman glanced at Loki, and stared at him for a few seconds, before replying; "Actually, no I don't think I've seen you around." Loki looked confused, while Cassidy raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean? Didn't . . . he just . . . destroy the city?" 

Loki looked delinquent and turned away, Cassidy sighed, the replied; "You know what I mean, you didn't do it. That bastard space grape did." Loki looked up at Cassidy; "But I still did it. I could have stopped it, but I couldn't!" In the end, Loki's voice rose, and he stood up, the chair making a grating noise against the floor, Cassidy spoke up; "Loki, it's not your fault, it's an Infinity Stone, how could you have possibl-" Loki interrupted Cassidy before she could finish. "Varients of me were able to take down an organization that considered the infinity stones anemic! And I can't even handle one! Am I that undependable, Cassidy?" Loki asked, a slight tremor in his voice, and his eyes gleaming with unshed tears. (I'm sorry, but try to imagine that scene from Thor 1, where Loki finds out he's a Jotun.) 

Cassidy swallowed, as she stared at Loki. "Loki, you're not undependable, or useless, or anything you might think." She claimed as softly as she could, careful to not make it sound like pity, as she stared at him. Her voice threatened to crack, but she didn't let it. Not when her friend needed her. "You're not a monster or a villain, or any negative thought you might have about yourself.  You're Loki, the God of Mischief. You're Loki, the God of Chaos, snakes, fire and so much fricking more. But most importantly, You're Loki, and you're my friend."