Sanctuary *part 3* (chapter 10)

3rd person p.o.v

(warning blood)

The screen lit up again and it showed Loki in a different cell, with chains tied around his wrists and ankles, keeping him upright in the middle of the room. Some of the Avengers gasped at the state of the Asgardian, while Illusion-Loki looked stoically at the screen. Loki stirred, he peeled his eyes open and looked around the cell. He felt cold chains on his wrists and tried pulling them off but to no avail, he kept yanking on the chains until a now-familiar voice spoke up; "I wouldn't do that if I were you, Jotun runt."

Loki turned his head in the direction of the vile telekinetic alien, who continued his monologue; "Lord Thanos has let me have the honour of being the first to torment you." Loki blanched at the revelation and tugged on the chains again. After a few minutes, he gave up and slumped against the chains, he closed his eyes and focused on his Siedr. To his bewilderment, where the usually bright lime glow of his Seidr, there was now a dark void of nothing.

"You're trying to access your magic so soon? I'd expected you'd wait a while before attempting, but oh well. After that little stunt you pulled with your magic blasts, we had to obtain more... dependable cuffs that can control your magic. Any attempt at accessing it will result in physical agony, well more agony than you will be in, or electrocution with this." He pulled out a small remote, which had 2 buttons on it, both of them black, with the words on and off written on them in dark grey.

"This is just small electrocution compared to the future, runt." He clicked the on button. He felt something click on his neck, but that was the only warning before the pain started. It felt like his veins were on fire, his vision gradually blurred until everything was just splotches of colour, but he stayed quiet. After what seemed like an internity, he heard a faint click and the electricity stopped. He gasped for air, his lungs were in agonizing pain, the air was helping a bit, but other than that, he felt like he was drowning.

"That was only a minute, or two. I'm impressed, runt, most creatures I've met would have been screeching or debilitate" Maw voiced as he looked at the gasping Asgardian. "Still, we have much more entertaining activities planned for today, most of them will be in persecution, at least for you that is," Maw said while grinning. "He's a psycho," Clint said in revolted by the chitauri (I'm just assuming Maw is a chitauri since Google doesn't know.). You're only now just realizing this?" Natasha said blandly.

The chitauri grabbed the Asgardian's hair roughly and pulled his head up to look eye to eye. "Let's begin, shall we?" Maw brought out a large assortment of metal, slightly rusted weapons from a case tucked against a wall. He grabbed one, that looked like a machete and brought it close to the Asgardian's face. He quickly and efficiently cut a deep fissure from under his eye to across his cheek, a trail of dark blood tricked out of the wound, but the Asgardian stayed reticent. The avengers winced at the cut, Natasha spoke up; "That looked like a deep wound, didn't it hurt?" Illusion-Loki responded; "It did, but my pain tolerance was fairly high, and I didn't want to appear weak in from of Maw."

"Ah, you don't speak all of a sudden, do you? Well, we'll have to change that won't we." Maw announced as he telepathically levitated a black cup and a bottle of a peculiar atramentous liquid. "What's that?" Natasha questioned, Illusion-Loki answered quickly; "Poison." The Avengers' eyes widened. He opened the bottle and poured a little less than a cup full into the cannikin, he then occultly lifted the cup to the Asgardian's lips. "If you drink it willingly, we don't have to do this the hard way." The Asgardians kept his mouth shut, Maw tutted before lifting his finger, the Asgardian's mouth opened, and Maw poured the liquid down his throat.

Maw lowered his finger and the Asgardian started coughing and hacking, spilling some of the inky substance on the floor. Some of the Avengers gasped as the liquid was poured down Loki's throat, after a few seconds, they stopped hacking, and Clint spoke up. "Curse this pain factor." Maw looked at the scene displeased and raised his finger again. Immediately, the Asgardian stopped moving and remained immobile, maw filled another cup and let it flow down the Asgardian's throat, who was still frozen In place. This time, he brought out a piece of curved metal, that resembled a metallic gag, he grabbed it and shoved it onto the mouth of the Asgardian.