Sanctuary *Part 6* (Chapter 13)

*I don't know if I made this clear, but slanted lines are Loki's thoughts,s in the memory room thing, just to clarify.*

3rd person p.o.v

"So basically, Illusion projecting is like a different version of you, but not exactly you. Duplication casting is making a replica of yourself at the moment." Tony recapped, Illusion-Loki nodded and resumed the hologram. Loki fell to the ground, falling through Maw, he got up and looked around, confused. He stepped up to Maw and waved his hand in front of his face, Maw continued to stare pointlessly into space.

Loki mumbled under his breath; "What the?" before poking Maw, to his surprise his finger went through his arm. The spot where his finger jabbed him, started disappearing, Loki stepped back as Maw fully dissipated, as if he was never there. The room started fading away, revealing a dark metal room. "That's the Illusion-room?" Steve asked, Illusion-Loki nodded. Loki looked around the room, dazed. He backed away slowly to the wall, he bumped against it, he glanced around the cell, with wide eyes, staring at everything, as if expecting it to explode. The screen started zooming out, stopping at a room, with 2 shadowed figures staring at a glass wall.

"Who are those?" Bruce asked, pointing at the screen, with the 2 figures, Illusion-Loki replied; "Him, and the Maw, they usually watch the Illusion room for my... reactions to the setting." Tony spoke up; "Why do you keep calling Thanos," Loki flinched at the name, while Natasha, Clint and Thor shot him glares that could kill, while Tony continued; "him, you make it sound so... ominous." Illusion-Loki sighed once again before replying; "Thanos still has a.. hold on my mind still. Saying his name would prompt... disagreeable consequences." Thor voiced; "What consequences, brother?" Illusion-Loki exhaled audibly before answering his question.

"The usual ones would be mind games, such as nightmares, hallucinations, and such, but I would say the worst is speaking to me in general." Tony added; "Nightmares are awful, but hallucinations seem worse." Illusion-Loki replied; "The nightmares come on their own, either way, but you're correct Stark, the hallucinations are worse." "What are they about?" Natasha asked, Illusion-Loki responded; "Well, the hallucinations aren't always about my time with the Chituari in the past. He can... well, it's hard to explain, but the basis is that he can force me to... create a duplication of myself, but I can feel everything that happens to it. That would be the best way to describe it I assume."

"So, basically, he forces you to create a doppelganger of yourself, then he can mess with you as much as he wants?" Bruce summarized, Illusion-Loki nodded his head. The Avengers, once again, blanched, Clint finally broke the silence after a few minutes; "Tha- that's just sick, he's insane, no worse than that, he's crazy!" Illusion-Loki mumbled under his breath; "Mad Titan."

Illusion-Loki spoke up; "The sooner we get this done, the sooner you can leave, and I was reading a fairly good book before you all arrived, so can we please get this over with?" Murmurs of confirmation rang around the room, Illusion-Loki snapped his fingers; Thanos turned to the chitauri standing beside him; "Change the setting." "To where, father?" Maw questioned as he waved his hand slightly, the Titan smirked before giving his answer; "Asgard."

The Maw clicked his finger together, and the scene shifted. Where there once was a dark metal cell, there now was to a bright city, with a beautiful, gleaming gold palace in the middle. Much, much bigger than the Illusion room, but thanks to the illusion, it seemed like it was under an infinite amount of space. The Avengers gasped at the view, too stunned to speak. "That's where you live?" Natasha asked, Thor, nodded, with a small smile on his face, feeling a bit homesick.

Loki looked at the scene changing with wide eyes, he stepped to the wall and didn't move. Maw then spoke up; "He won't engage, we need a setting that will keep him occupied, father." The Titan turned to his adopted son; "What do you propose, Maw?" Maw flicked his ginger, and a small image appeared in the air; "A tunnel, father. I believe this would keep him occupied." The Titan responded; "Very well, but we need to remove his memory of this event, he must have no hope whatsoever."