Sanctuary *part 5* (chapter 12)

(Time skip to after Loki wakes up)

3rd person p.o.v

Loki woke up, once again in the forcefield. He struggled out of it, but as usual, his efforts were in failure. Maw walked up to him, but by this point, Loki had learned to completely ignore him. "I see you're awake runt, that means we can complete the operation." Loki's head snapped up (I'm sorry for using it :-:  *cries in infinity war*) to look a Maw before speaking up; "What do you mean complete the operation?"

Maw smile devilishly before replying; "That was just a machine connected to your brain, we can see your memory files, but we can't view them, that's why we need the projector." Loki paled and glared (that rhymed?), possibly the most hateful glare at Maw, seeing as he couldn't strangle him, that was the next best thing. Maw clicked his tongue and stared disapprovingly at the Jotun, who was still leering at the Chitauri. Maw broke eye contact and turned around, he waved his hand and 2 chitauri stepped out of the shadows. Maw strode to the wall and leant against it, watching the scene with a small smile on his face.

"Begin," Maw announced, the chitauri went to the tray of medical instruments and picked out a scalpel, he brought it close to Loki's face, who was squirming in the forefield. He clutched the scalpel and sliced it directly under his left eye, Loki flinched but didn't make a sound. "How are you able to stay quiet, that looks agonizing?!" Clint shrieked and turned to Illusion-Loki, who answered; "I did hurt, but I've learned that with them, it's better not to vocalize any pain." Everyone looked at Loki with a new form of respect, being able to take a hit like that and not scream, was pretty remarkable. 

"You still don't speak?" Maw asked disingenuously as he grabbed the Asgardian's hair and pulled his head up to look at him in the eyes. "We'll have to change that, won't we?" He said, not breaking eye contact, he released Loki's hair roughly and steeped back before stating;  "Continue the operation."

*time skip to after Loki gets the projector implanted like Nebula cuz I can't write that good and cuz I don't want to research medical stuff*

By the point it was over, there wasn't one Avenger who wasn't complaining, or rubbing their eyes; "Look, I know we probably shouldn't be complaining since you had it way worse." Clint said, turning to gesture to Illusion-Loki, who replied; "Don't worry about it." After a few minutes, when the pain had lessened, they resumed the recording. "Did it work?" Maw asked the Chitauri soldiers. "We believe the operation to have been successful, master"

"Shall we test it then?" Maw questioned, the Chitauri nodded and clambered to the keypad. Loki looked down, not wanting it to have to be any longer than it had to be. Maw grabbed the plug and shoved it once again into the metal implant. Loki screamed, but, like last time, stopped and remained frozen. "View the memories," Maw ordered, the chitauri clicked a few buttons on the keypad, then turned to Maw; "Which ones would you like us to view, master?"

"Any memories with... onerous subjects," Maw replied, smirking. The chitauri pushed a few buttons, and a few seconds later, a hologram started forming in the air. A woman came into view, her blue eyes were shining with love, her blonde-brown hair gleaming in the sun. "Mother," Thor said, surprisingly quiet, Illusion-Loki nodded. Maw turned to the Chitauri; "Who is this?"The chitauri replied; "His mother, master."

Maw smiled and continued; "How about his, brother? The other prince of Asgard?" "Thor gasped, then turned to Illusion-Loki; "They know who I am?" He said, panicking; "Yes, word travels far, even in the void." Illusion-Loki replied. "yes, he has many memories of the other Asgardian prince." The chitauri said before continuing; "But most of them are joyful, only a few are unpleasant." Maw replied; "we will have to change that, won't we." 

*Time skip to after Loki gets his memories altered*

Loki woke up in a different cell, his head felt fuzzy as if there was a haze covering his thoughts. The Chitauri came as usual and tortured him. He closed his eyes and tried to think of cheerful memories to block out the pain, but this time only displeasing ones came. You will always be in Thor's Shadow, no matter how much you try. Jotun runt, you are a monster. I could have done it father, for you for all of us! 

He forced himself out of the memories, and looked around, the Chitauri had left his cell, leaving him alone. Maw opened the door, Loki turned to look at him, then spoke up; "What did you do to my memories?" Maw grinned, then replied; "I don't know what you mean, those have always been your memories." Loki added; "No, no. I remember happy memories with Thor, I- I." He stopped talking and tried searching his thoughts, anything about Thor, anything. But he only remembered awful memories about his brother, thousands of years of torment, the Bifrost incident.

Anything other than abhorrent memories wasn't there, as if they never existed at all. He looked up at Maw, whose grin had started to become unnerving by this point. "What did you do to me!" Loki shrieked, he quickly stood up and lunged at Maw, who was still standing there, smiling eerily. Just as he was about to capture Maw's throat in his hands and hopefully choke the life out of him, the room shifted. "Woah, what was that?" Tony asked the tone of his voice a mixture of awe and horror, Illusion-Loki responded; "It's an... Illusion room. I suppose that would be the best way to describe it." "What's an *Illusion room*?" Natasha questioned, Illusion-Loki sighed for the umpteenth time and replied;

"It's a room that is modified with either Illusion-magic or very realistic holograms, Thanos used Illusion-magic, courtesy of Maw." "Wait, Squidward-Griever-Voldemort hybrid guy can do other things than lift stuff?" Tony questioned, while Steve just looked confused, Illusion-Loki continued; "Yes, all sorcerers, unfortunately, Maw included, have at least a small variety of magical abilities, I myself have some as well, that even you, Thor have never seen before."

"What other stuff can you do?" Bruce questioned; "Well, as you already know, Illusion-Projecting, duplication casting-" But before he could finish, Tony cut him off; "Wait, what's the difference between Illusion-projecting and duplication casting? (I'm gonna take what he said in the show, but alter it a bit) Illusion-Loki replied; "Illusion projecting, is depicting a detailed picture outside oneself that is observable in the external world. Duplication-casting is forming a perfect copy of one's own self in the present moment." 

- I hope you guys liked the chapter, I know it's short, but still - Just-a-random-tissue