Knight in Shining Armor

Ever since Kirito and I finished the first floor boss a month ago, clearing the next couple of floors were a cakewalk. This boss raid group was formed, they called themselves the "front liners" and Kirito and I were in that group because of our high knowledge of the floor bosses up until floor 13. So even though we were valuable information, the people in the group don't like us because we are "beaters". Since the boss on floor 1, I left on my own because I wanted to protect Asuna and having me around would most likely put her in danger, as for me and Kirito, well we haven't been talking to each other for a long time.

We would see each other occasionally during level, and item hunting but that was it, But back to now, I'm in the woods on floor 6 tracking a quest specific boss that I needed to kill. Supposedly It will drop and kind of high powered gear, and that is something I'm going to need. But then I heard a girl scream. I tried to locate the possible direction it could have come from, but the sound came again. I know where she is.

---Time-Skip---

I came up to a girl lying on the ground with her health in the red and and some low to mid rank spiders, and the boss I'm supposed to be on the hunt for <<Mortem the Reaper of Souls>>. Man fuck spiders, I always hated them. No, I need to focus on getting this girl alive and out of here. I stepped out of hiding and stood as a shield for the unconscious girl, I drew my Anneal sword and got into stance ready to fight.

'Alright the lesser spiders are gone, and the boss is in the red now le-' I couldn't finish my mental sentence because the spider shot poison at me. 'This bitch can shoot poison, what the fuck'. I dodged another ball of hot poison coming at my face. I have to close the gap between us or I'm not going to get anywhere. I quickly started to run at the spider dodging any poison heading towards me, some of them actually managed to hit me and it stung a LOT. I clenched my jaw and kept running and when I got close enough I swung at the boss's head and managed to decapitate it off of it's body.

Quest Completed 

XP Earned: 7823 --> Level Up: 36 -> 37

RARE ITEM AQUIRED: Blazing Light - One Handed Longsword, Special Swordskill attached to weapon.

This was cool, and better than the anneal sword, so I'm going to switch it out. Sorry old buddy.

U/N: Now, about the girl.

I said to myself, I walked back to the girl still unconscious and picked her up bridal style back to town and into the room I was staying at. I gently lay her in the bed and covered her in the blankets.

'The sun should rise soon, I'm going to get the girl something to eat because she will be hungry when she wakes'. I walk out of the room and go back into town to the nearest food market. As I start to walk back to the inn I saw a news board, the floor clearers found the next boss room on floor and are calling all fighters back to the front lines by next week for a floor raid. Perfect, I was enjoying the time off *sigh* I need to get back to that girl she is probably awake and freaking out right about now.

I opened the door and saw that the girl was crying, I quickly walked over and set the food on the table and started to comfort her.

U/N: Hey what's wrong.

??: *Hic*My....*sob* my party.

Oh, I knew there had to be something about her being alone in the forest, she was most likely with her party and they got wiped out by the large number of spiders.

U/N: It's alright, can you tell me what happened.

??: My party owed money to these people and when we couldn't pay up they told us about these low level spiders in the forest where we can earn money and the spider silk would help with my business.