The Meeting

A little bit after mom took my sister to her practice on her way to work, I quickly made up a breakfast for myself to eat and went back to my room to get back to Alfhiem Online. I said the magical words of start this f-ing game and once again I was in the game, and when I reopened my eyes I spawned in the sitting area of the lobby.

U/N: Hm. Maybe I logged on early.

Kasumi: There you are! C'mon we gotta go!

She pulls me up and drags me out of the Inn keep.

U/N: Woah, what's the rush?

Kasumi: No time, long story short I got new intel that the salamanders are going to attack the two race leaders at the meeting. If they succeed then that'll be bad new for both of them.

U/N: Well you could have just said that first. Lets go.

Kasumi: Follow me, its better if we start from higher up.

If this were SAO, using a teleport crystal would be ten times more efficient. Kasumi led me up the main tower as she said flying would be better if we started from a higher altitude. When we got to the top I put on a mask and put my hood up.

Kasumi: Whats with the mask?

U/N: Uh. Personal reasons, I think it looks cool.

Kasumi: Nah, you look more like a renegade now.

An 'irk' mark appeared.

U/N: Ok which direction is the meeting taking place?

She opens a map and points in the general direction of Southeast.

Kasumi: Somewhere in that direction.

U/N: Alright.

We activated our wings and started flying in the direction, stopping once our wing flying timer went out. I have no choice but to get there soon and help them since they can help me get to the world tree.

Kasumi: Do you think this a good place to stop and do a trade logout?

U/N: Huh?

Kasumi: Its when one of us logs out while the other looks after the person whose logged out.

U/N: Then sure. Do you want to logout first?

She nods and pulls down her menu to log out, which was basically her avatar going to sleep while she can move in the real world. I decided to keep looking through my completely bugged out inventory with the majority of my items being question marks. The game would probably flag this if I kept having these in it, so I hesitantly deleted them and sighed.

U/N: There goes two years of hard work.

Kasumi: What happened?

I flinched and turned around to Kasumi who was now staring at me weirdly.

U/N: Nothing. Nothing. You were not gone for very long, did you make sure you got something to eat for the time being?

Kasumi: Yup, it doesn't take long to make a sandwich and take a shower.

U/N: Alright, guess it's my turn then.

Kasumi: Yep.

I opened my menu and logged out. After opening my eyes to see the roof of my room, I got up and took care of some small things around the house, made myself lunch and took my own shower. I only took a bit longer then Kasumi though. I went back to my room and put the nerve gear back on and said the line again. I saw Kasumi leaning against a tree so I got up and walked over to her.

U/N: I'm back.

Kasumi: Hm? Oh good we are a little bit ahead of time here. Lets go.

U/N: Lead the way.

We both activated our wings and flew away to the meeting.

---Time-Skip---

U/N: So are we getting near this place.

Kasumi: Yeah, it should be just over there.

She pointed to two mountains that were square like in shape with a water fall in the middle along with a rainbow that accompanied it. There was also a flat piece of ground that would have been perfect for a meeting to take place.

Kasumi: It should be happening over there.

U/N: Ok, so I'm pretty sure no one there is going to want a Salamander at the meeting.

Kasumi: Thats true, you can hide in the nearby forest while I can try and warn them.

I nod to her and split off towards the direction of the forest and ducked down into the bushes. I watched as Kasumi approached the group, though it looked like there wasn't any progress being made by any of them.

Akira: To your left, in the sky.

I heard Akira whisper to me and I look over and see many incoming Salamander army soldiers.

U/N: They are sitting ducks.

I took one final look between the two groups of people and made up my mind. I dashed across a bridge like platform and made my way over in a quick haste before the Salamanders got to them. I stood between them both, with my sword out and in a stance which shocked both of the groups.

---Kirito-POV---

Leafa: I'm sorry kirito, It look like we are too late.

Yui: Daddy, I'm picking up one more player reading.

Kirito: Who?

Yui: I don't know but they are a Salamander who seems to be guarding the Cat Sith and Sylphs.

Kirito: What?

Leafa: C'mon Kirito. They might be buying us time, or betraying the Salamanders. What matters now is that we get to them.

Kirito: Right.

---End---

To Be Continued in....

Part 2.

I was really tired and needed more time to thing for the future of this episode, so I decided to cut it into two parts. And hopefully have the second part done by Wednesday or Thursday. It'll finish this section of the story and continue through when our heroes arrive at the world tree for the first time. In the mean time enjoy.