Bullet of Bullets

There were thirty-five minutes before the start of the tournament, and I was sitting alone in a booth at some sort of get together before the battle royal actually starts. After a bit of time passed, I immediately notice the cyan blue haired girl, Sinon, and Kirito walking over to me.

Kirito: Hey U/N.

U/N: Hey. What's up?

Kirito: The sky.

I gave him the 'really' look.

Kirito: Sorry. Hard to not say that. Sinon here has agreed to share some information with me about the BoB.

U/N: And you didn't consider asking me for help?

Kirito: Uh. I didn't think of that.

U/N: Well too late to change your mind. Feel free to sit down.

Both of them sat in the booth I was in, Kirito sat next to me and Sinon in front of us. Sinon brought up the drink menu while Kirito started to speak.

Kirito: So, if I'm correct, thirty players get dropped in random locations on the same map. And you just find and eliminate whoever and the last one standing is the winner?

Sinon sighed when she finished getting her drink.

Sinon: I knew it. you're going to make me explain the whole damn thing, aren't you? Don't you have email?

She stated bluntly between the sips she took from her beverage.

Sinon: The admin sent the rules to everyone so it should be in your inbox.

She passed the drink menu over to Kirito who then browsed the selections.

Kirito: I did. But I just wanted to make sure I was understanding everything. There was a lot of info to absorb.

Sinon: Tch. Absorb.

Kirito had finally gotten his drink and gave me the menu to also look. I then started.

U/N: Well, you've got the right idea Kirito. The Bullet of Bullets is a battle royale between thirty players on the same map. From what I read, the start points are random, and each player is dropped about a thousand meters away from one another.

I received my own drink.

Kirito: Woah. That must be one huge map.

Sinon: Honestly. You didn't read the email, did you? It's a multi-staged arena about 10 kilometers in diameter. It's got mountains, forests, and deserts. The start time is in the afternoon so there isn't any advantage for gear or skills.

Kirito: How can you find anyone in a field that big?

U/N: It's a game Kirito. You thought they made it easy? Every player gets an item that I call the SST. The Satellite Scan Terminal.

Kirito: There's a satellite? Like a spy drone or something?

U/N: Correct. It works the exact same way as it does in real life. It will pass over the map every fifteen minutes. And when it does, it transmits the location of every player to your own terminal. I would say it's pretty neat.

Kirito: Hmm. So, you can only hide in one place for fifteen minutes.

Sinon: you're catching on.

Kirito: But doesn't that put a sniper like you at a disadvantage.

Sinon: fifteen minutes is all a sniper like me needs to do their job. I fire. I kill my target. I move on.

Kirito: Yeah. I guess.