Memories of Death

I was at a loss for words. Death Gun, a murderer from the Laughing Coffin guild in SAO, was standing in front of me asking if I was "the real deal." I knew they were an SAO survivor. And clearly, we met. Of course, with me hunting down Laughing Coffin back then, how could I not be known to any survivors from that game.

I couldn't say anything as an answer.

Death Gun: Well, wherever he is. I'll find him. And kill him.

With that threat, he walked off. All I could do was just stand there, lost in my own thoughts.

Kirito: Hey man you alright?

I noticed Kirito walking his way over but before I could say anything, I was teleported to the next arena. I thought I had put the past of SAO behind me. Clearly, I was wrong and the past always comes back.

Always......

While not even bothering to look at my opponent's name, I teleported to the next place looked around the colosseum like arena I was in. I started walking in the shadows to avoid the other player in the arena.

*If Death Gun was here in the preliminary trials, then he's bound to be going to the battle royale. And when that happens...*

I saw the enemy player ahead of me, so I pulled out my photon sword and ignited it and when the player turned to me, he hadn't seen that I had already cut him in half.

*I'll kill him where he stands...*

---Time-Skip---

When the final preliminary round ended for me, after I stupidly stepped on a land mine which didn't matter as I already got enough wins to go to the finals. I was sent back to the waiting area where I noticed Kirito going against Sinon. He looked like he wasn't in his right mind, so I thought that he must've encountered Death Gun as well, though he seemed to be more disturbed than me. Figures as much. I was a fool to think everyone would go back to normal after SAO but as always, I was wrong and more innocent people are dying because of it. I decided to go to the nearest bar to grab a drink and sit down after that waste of time and since the start of the battle royale won't be until the next twenty-four hours and it might be the only chance, I have to stop Death Gun. I know Kikuoka told me to only find information about him, but something tells me he'll kill a lot more people if I don't stop him now. It's funny to think that even after what happened in SAO, all that time taking care of and disposing of the red players for Kayaba. The ones who escaped that horrid world are still the same.

I finished my drink and logged off so I can be prepared for tomorrow.

---The-Next-Day---

When I finished getting my breakfast and sat down at the table, my sister, Sakura, sat in front of me and showed me something on the tablet she had with her.

Sakura: So, what's this about?

I looked at it and it was the tournament roster for the BoB. On it was my name and Kirito's on top of one another.

Y/N: Nothing.

Sakura: Certainly doesn't look like nothing. What are you doing in Gun Gale Online?

Y/N: Erm... I wanted to try something new ok that's all.

I started to take a drink.

Sakura: I wonder what mom would say.

I chocked on my drink and coughed.

Y/N: You wouldn't dare.

Sakura: I'll only keep my mouth shut if you buy me cookies for two weeks.

Y/N: One.

Sakura: Deal.

I sighed and calmed down. I never told my mother that I got back into VRMMOs since the incident because I never wanted to worry her.

Y/N: The reason I'm in GGO is because I am tracking down someone who was a survivor of SAO. And they were a red player.

Sakura: Aren't red players bad?

Y/N: Yeah. And this guy was among the worst guilds imaginable. Kirito and I along with several other guilds went to the red player guilds home turf. They got the jump on our groups and the majority of us would have been wiped out if I hadn't done anything.

I can remember that day vividly. Aleyla would have gotten hurt if I gotten to her a second too late before I managed to shatter that red player.

Y/N: But never mind that. Anyways I got to get going soon. I have to stop at some other places before I go to the hospital.

Sakura: Ok. But I want you to promise me that you will stay safe in there.

I smile at her words.

Y/N: I promise.

---Time-Skip---

After I got back to the hospital room. I talked to Nurse Aki for a bit before I logged back into GGO.

If Death Gun wanted to play another game. Then fine.

Let's Play.

---END---

So, I've been extremely unmotivated when it came to writing. Recently marks exactly one year in which a family member had passed away. So, all in all I have no excuses as to why I haven't been updating. although I am currently working on the next chapter and is almost done by the time this is published so enjoy :)