The World of Guns

A/N: That's right. We back people. Let's go

---------------------------------------

I walked inside the restaurant to meet someone who wants to talk. "Just talking," he said. It's been nearly a year since that day happened and I was starting to feel the wave of deja vue hit me. In the elevator, I hit the numbered floor that I wished to go to and I waited until there was the classic ding to be heard from the controls. When the door opened, I stepped out and was greeted by a waiter, then someone called out to me.

??: Hey hey U/N.

I looked over and saw the same man who came to visit in the hospital, Kikuoka, I had walked over to him and sat down.

Y/N: What is it that you would like to talk about? And please don't use that name here.

I whispered that last part to him.

Kikuoka: Always so cold. Alright. Anyways, order what you want. It's on me.

I picked up and opened the menu. So many options.

Y/N: Can I have the.. chocolate parfé along with a coffee please.

The waiter took my order and left.

Kikuoka: Sorry to make you come out all this way U/N.

Y/N: A favor is a favor. And you don't have to use that name here.

Kikuoka: Yeah. We are like real pals you and I. Funny how it's only been about a year since I came to visit you in the hospital.

I remembered when he did actually visit me. Seijiro Kikuoka, part of the task force in the virtual division.

Y/N: Anyways, what did you want to talk about. I know that there was something when you offered me the food.

Kikuoka: There is something that I wanted to discuss with you. Take a look at this please.

Kikuoka handed me a tablet with some information on it. I quickly scanned through it and it was a death report of a man.

Kikuoka: Know him?

I shook my head.

Kikuoka: This man was found dead in his apartment complex on November 14th. The landlord who owns the place in Nakano, Tokyo, noticed an unpleasant smell while he was cleaning the place. It was coming from one of the rooms so he turned off the automatic lock and went in. After to which he found this man on his bed, dead. His name was Tamotsu Shigemura, 26 years old. He had been dead for five days. His place was a mess but there weren't any signs of burglary. He did have something interesting on his head.

Y/N: And Amusphere rig.

Kikuoka: Exactly. It was marked as an unnatural death so there was an autopsy. The death was determined to be an acute heart failure.

Y/N: Heart failure? So his heart just stopped? How?

Kikuoka: They never figured that out.

The waiter came back with my food and took Kikuoka's plate.

Kikuoka: So much time had passed since the death, there was very little evidence and foul play was ruled out as the cause. My guess is that the autopsy wasn't thorough. What we do know is that he had been logged in for two days straight without eating for that whole time.

Y/N: Well that's not unnatural. Players do that all the time. Hold on. Why are you telling me all of this anyway?

Kikuoka: He had a game on his system installed called Gun Gale Online. Have you heard of it?