Into The Depths of Hell

It's been nearly week since the incident with Yui happened and even though Kirito and Asuna were sad to basically see their child die in front of them, they were getting through it together. Not only that but I offered to help the two reassemble her code. Whenever we get back to the real world that is. Currently Aleyla, Rin, Akira, and I were just taking it easy for awhile since that day as well, I was making lunch for the three when I got a message that was marked 'urgent'. And it was from Commander Heathcliff. This was right around the time I finished making the food and gave it to them and when I did I then opened the message.

Heathcliff: 'There are urgent matters that need to be discussed, meet me at the KoB HQ and we'll talk.'

I sigh and sit down quickly eating my food, Aleyla quickly took notice of my agitated behavior and talked to me.

Aleyla: U/N, what's wrong?

U/N: The KoB Commander wanted to talk with me even though I already have enough going on as it is but hey thats me for you. Can you watch over Rin and Akira while I'm gone?

Aleyla: Of course I can. I hope whatever it is the Commander has to say isn't time consuming for you.

I finished eating and stood up.

U/N: Hopefully not.

I equipped my gear and look towards Rin who was feeding Akira some leftover. Something I didn't notice is how much Akira has grown since I took her in.

U/N: Rin, Akira. I'm going to be leaving for not too long, and Aleyla is going to watch over you. Be good and I'll get the both of you dessert.

Rin had the Ooo look on her face while Akira was wagging her tail. I smiled and headed to the door and turned back once more.

U/N: Bye everyone be back soon. Don't burn the place down everything here was expensive.

I turned and opened the door and left the house and pulled out a teleport crystal.

U/N: Teleport Knights of the Blood Oath HQ.

---Time-Skip---

I was currently standing in front of the Commander shocked at the information he had given me just now.

U/N: You mean the scouting team was wiped out?

Heathcliff: Correct. It was a party of 20 all assembled from different guilds, when they found the boss room 10 of them went in and when that happened the doors had closed, cutting them off.

U/N: That must have been an anti crystal area and trap at the same time.

Heathcliff: Maybe, and when the doors reopened there was no signs of any of the 10 players, or the boss. After I call Kirito and Asuna here I'm going to form a raid group to take on the boss tomorrow, are you in?

U/N: Yeah sure, but I'm going to be protecting my friends while I'm in there, especially Aleyla This is non negotiable.

Heathcliff: A player who would have someone to protect is usually stronger on the battlefield. I'll be looking forward to the boss fight.

U/N: You and me both.

I told him before I started to walk out of the room.

---Time-Skip---

After awhile of picking things up around town I headed back home to thankfully not finding it burnt down and opened the door to see Aleyla interacting with Rin. They both noticed me and Rin came over and hugged me while Aleyla walked over.

U/N: Hey Rin, I brought back dessert but make sure you eat at the table.

I handed her the treat as well as Akira's treat to give to her.