Guns and Swords

I noticed the pair quickly walking over the sign up consoles to enter the prelims. But the question I have is why the hell is Kirito here? And why is he a girl? I knew it was him the moment that I saw him. The reason being that its not difficult to spot an edgy person. But since I was on a mission I chose to ignore the fact and went down to the basement where the prelims were being held. After passing some people I reached the changing room to put on my combat gear that consists of a red combat shirt underneath a black vest along with black pants with boots. Overtop of the shirt I put on a white over coat with black and red accents. Walking out of the changing room, people were looking at me showing off their weapons. I shrugged them off and went to go sit down somewhere. From there I looked up at the large jumbotron and saw that there was 25 minutes till the prelims start. I closed my eyes until I heard some commotion to my right and I peeked my eyes open.

??: Stop following me.

I saw the same blue haired chick and Kirito speed walking this way and Kirito had a slap mark on his face. I couldn't help but chuckle at them and the two noticed me.

??: H-hey dumbass quit laughing. This creep is following me.

U/N: Sorry but I couldn't help it. You two are being really loud.

They looked around and saw the many people looking at them. With flustered looks they both sit down where I'm at.

??: Sorry for sitting here. I don't like to be in the spotlight normally.

U/N: That's fine. So what are the two of you arguing about.

??: Oh where do I begin. I was minding my own business until he.

She gestures to Kirito.

??: Walks up to me with a girly charade and got me to go around helping him pick his gear out.

U/N: Man Kirito. How many times do I have to tell you to stop playing around with girls.

His eyes widen.

Kirito: Oh now I get it. U/N I hadn't recognized you.

??: Wait. You know him.

I crossed my arms.

U/N: Yeah me and him go way back. Sorry for the inconveniences he caused you. He can be an edgy knucklehead sometimes.

He punches my arm.

Kirito: I'm not edgy.

I noticed Kirito looking worried.

U/N: Something on your mind?

??: Dingus here doesn't know what to do.

I snicker.

Kirito: I would if someone told me.

??: Oh ok fine. The arena in which you are fighting is a simple square area and the terrain and weather are randomly generated. You only need to make it four rounds to qualify for the battle royale. You with me so far?

Kirito: I think I got it.

??: And just so you know. I hope you make it to the semi finals so I can make you lose. And another thing.

She pulls down her information menu and turns it to face us.

??: That's the name of the player who's going to beat you and win.

Kirito: Sinon. Alright, what if you don't make it?

Sinon: Please. I'll retire if I get knocked out in the prelims. But I won't. I'll kill everyone here to get to the end.

The part at the end made me wonder. Could she be Death Gun. I had only known her for all of five minutes and I saw two sides of her.

Kirito: Don't keep me waiting Sinon.