Gaela

"Who's Gaela Justin?" Paulo abruptly said as he sat up on the hospital bed.

I peek my head out of Josh's shadow and slowly showed myself to him.

"Sino ka? What are you doing here? No one is allowed here except us," I felt a dug and stub on my chest. And I can't deny how it hurt me, painfully.

"See Gael? Now tell us, why did you still choose him over us?" It's Josh again,

"Kami yung andito Gael, ako yung karamay mo sa lahat, hindi ko maintindihan," Justin on the other hand still smiles at while talking, with a glint of sadness and questions on his eyes.

"We chooses you over anything Gael, and I also don't understand why you still choose the guy who doesn't even wants you, or sees you," Ken's voice is cold as an ice. I can't help but shiver on it.

I can't answer. I don't know what to say,

"Paulo never sees you no matter how hard you try, while I'm here, I make you happy, I stayed by your side even though knowing you're said and broken for the man you love the most. I stand beside you Gael, yet you choose the man that treats you like a trash."

"Maiintindihan ko pa sana kung isa sa amin ang pinili mo, si Josh, si Justin, or si Stell. Pero s'ya parin. Paulo's our friend but the way he treats you, we can't accept it, I can still considering your happiness if that happiness can make you happy, but it didn't, he didn't instead he always hurts you. He's the most person who inflicted pain in you. Gael tell me, are still thinking? Are you crazy?"

It's always the matter of fact that they're here, here for me, willing to catch me from whenever or wherever I fall from, but hindi sila ang gusto kong sumalo saakin, hindi sila ang gusto kong yakapin ako, hindi 'ni isa sakanila ang handa akong tanggapin ng paulit ulit kahit gaano man ako saktan.

Hindi si Justin,

Hindi si Stell,

Hindi si Ken,

Hindi rin si Josh,

Si Paulo.

"Dahil may mga bagay na kahit anong gawin ko, nagiging tanga parin ako at bulag para ibigay yung pagmamahal na sa iisang tao ko lang kayang ibigay. I'm sorry, I can't love you, like I love him. It's always been him, I'm sorry,"

It's always been him, and no matter what happens it'll always be him.

No matter how many times he falls asleep and forgets me.

No matter how many times he push me away.

No matter how long it is I'll wait. I'll wait for him. That's the only promise I can fulfill after I made a vow in front of the Lord secretly with him.

It's not true that he doesn't likes me back, he just said so because of his sickness.

"Gael just give up, I won't be able to recognize you whenever I woke up in bed,"

"No I won't, I vow to you that I'll dedicate a lifetime fro you,"

"Gael, just give up, one day I'll never wake up, and I don't want you to dedicate your life for nothing,"

"Paulo you're everything to me! How could you say that to your life!"

"Dahil 'yun ang totoo Gael. Tanggapin mo man o hindi, mangyayari 'yun!"

I don't know how denial I was back then, but Paulo was right, I woke up one morning without his pulse and just a lifeless body beside me.