Peeves (IV)

Ring

"It's almost lunch, hindi pa sila lumalabas! Nag-aalala na ako!" Grace shouted as she looked at the roman clock on the wall of his son's house.

"Hayaan mo muna sila, baka nag-uusap pa." Mylene Ajero looks at her in the most amusing way.

"Hindi ako mapakali My, remember the last time na nag-away sila? Nagsuntukan silang dalawa! And your son didn't even bother to fight to my son! Paanong hindi ako mag-aalala?!"

"Nerbyosa mo naman, baka nga ibang suntukan ginagawa nu'ng dalawang 'yun."

"Ah basta nag-aalala ako!"

"O'sige, after nitong niluluto natin, kakatukin na natin sila sa kwarto, malapit na 'tong maluto."

The two ladies continued cooking. They both put a lot of efforts to their cooking and somehow enjoyed in the middle of their worries for the two man inside their bedroom that they didn't know has a lot of explaining to do.

"Mahal?" Stell entered the bathroom hoping to see Paulo inside but there's no Paulo inside.

Lumabas nalang s'ya roon at dumiretso sa walk in closet na meron dito sa kwarto nila. Sa sliding door palang alam na n'yang naroon ang lalaki dahil nakaawang ito ng bahagya.

He carefully went in and he saw Paulo in his robe, looking at the tube where there's clothes hanging. Not just some random clothes but, their professional uniforms.

Paulo's laboratory gown, Stell's gray suit that he used for his first ever hearing on court as a lawyer. There are maybe three pieces of each.

This tube serves as their dreams.

Ito ang patunay ng lahat ng pangarap nila at lahat ng paghihirap na meron sila noon.

At the side of the tube is a another glass but now it's on four cornered one. And those has their graduation suits and academic gowns. From that four white gown, to the another four in black and it's hoods representing their degrees, hanging on its shoulders are their tassels.

Stell smiled. He knows how Paulo acknowledges education. For Pau, it's the thing that no one would understand in him. On how he sees and values education so much, people just mocks him because they said, he's just intelligent that's why he does value education that much, because he was privileged of it's instrument, the brain.

Mula sa likod ay niyakap n'ya ito at pinatong ang baba sa balikat nito. The other one looks at him, his face not showing anything else but just a poker face.

"That's our wedding suits, right?" Paulo pointed a two mannequin standing inside another four corners tube just beside the other two.

"Yes, and you look so handsome wearing it that day."

The suits still has the white flowers on its chest and even the shoe were put down it's floor.

Paulo held Stell's hands wounded around his waist caressing the back of his palm and give all of his weight on him. He cuddled his cheeks on his neck.

"You haven't put your clothes on?" He said noticing that Stell is still topless behind him.

"I was about to, pero nakita kita rito." Pau went silent. Stell too. He just hugged him, and went on with their comfortable silence.

After several seconds, Stell heard Paulo heave a deep sigh.

"I don't remember myself getting in here, ngayon ko palang 'to nakita. Some of my memories haven't come back yet," Bahagyang tiningala n'ya ang kausap at namumungay na matang kinausap ito.