✨Chapter 16✨

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pov: 3rd person

Trigger warning: Cursing, Mention of animal death

READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sam was pacing in the hallway and Y/N was sitting with her head in her hands trying to think positive when the doctor walked out.

As soon as Sam and Y/N saw the doctor, Sam stopped pacing and stood looking at the doctor and Y/N stood up and stood next to him waiting for the doctor to say something. The doctor opened his mouth to say something but closed it like he didn't wanna tell them something and wished he didn't have to.  "How is he?" Y/N questioned sensing Sam's growing anxiety and nerves. "We tried everything but he didn't make it, I am so sorry,"  The doctor said looking down and starting to walk away while Sam and Y/N just stood there in shock.

Sam had been crying silently to himself and Y/N was trying her best to stay strong for Sam and not break down right there. Y/N knew how hard it must be for Sam if it was that hard for her and she had only met the dog a week or so ago. Y/N looked towards Sam to see him holding his trying to hold his tears back but falling. Y/N did the only thing she could think of and hugged Sam, bringing him to sit down. 

Sam's head was buried in the crock of Y/N's neck and he was crying. Y/N had tears falling down her face. After a couple of minutes of Sam crying and Y/N hugging him and silently crying herself, both of them decided to get up but didn't say anything almost like they made a silent agreement to get up. Walking out of the hospital Y/N looked at Sam to see that he had the most hurt and devasted expression on his face which hurt Y/N. 

Sam and Y/N got in the car, Y/N driving because she didn't want Sam to tear up and crash the car. The walk back to the car and the drive was silent for the most part except Sam occasionally sniffling and taking deep breaths. As soon as they arrived back home Sam walked into his room and closed the door, Y/N decided to give him some time alone and decided to cook something for them to eat. Y/N decided to make some Y/F/D (Your favorite dish).

Y/N heard Sam shuffle around in his room, so she checked on him to make sure he was okay. Y/N knocked on Sam's door to make sure he was okay with her coming in and walked inside once she heard a muffled come in, probably because Sam burned his face in the pillows. Y/N walked over to Sam's bed where he had his face buried in his pillows and wasn't looking up and Y/N heard him take deep breaths to which only Y/N could assume to calm himself.

"Sam... come on get up you have to eat," Y/N said making her voice soft and Sam hummed before speaking up "...yeah but I don't want to get up," Y/N could tell her had been crying by his voice. "Sam you need to eat," Y/N said still using her soft voice. "Why...?" Sam asked, "Because you haven't eaten anything since breakfast which I can only assume you ate and it was before I came here which was like 4 hours ago," Y/N was right it had been about 4 hours since Y/N arrive for the first 2 hours they just talked then Y/N remembered that she brought Chandler some treat and then 2 hours in the hospital take caring of the paperwork and other things.

Sam groaned but sat up giving Y/N a chance to look at him, he still had tears streaming down his face and his hair messy probably from twisting and turning in the bed. "Sam, go wash your face then meet me in the living room and change your clothes," Y/N said in her normal voice and walked out of the room going to sit in the living room and scroll through her phone.