'40

FIVE MONTHS LATER

NNAMDI AZIKWE INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT,ABUJA NIGERIA

5th AUGUST 2016

(Present day)

10:30Am.

Good afternoon passengers.

This is the pre-boarding announcement for flight 89B to America We are now inviting those passengers with small children, and any passengers requiring special assistance, to begin boarding at this time. Please have your boarding pass and identification ready. Regular boarding will begin in approximately ten minutes time. Thank you.

Looking back and forth,left and right I thought I'd see an angel stopping me from leaving,an angel from above,an angel I've longed looked for,for five months but no that angel never came,I saw no sign of angel,and if It means hiding my self for the rest of my life,then I'd prefer to leave Nigeria for good,I can't live my life on the run,I've moved to Abuja with my husband and family for five months and up until now I didn't step a foot in kano,for my daughter and for that last time she asked me to leave I know it is the only thing I can do for her and I'm ready to do it  for my child even though I know I deserve more than this punishment in life,this is the little I can do for myself and for her.

This is the final boarding call for passengers Mahir Nussayib booked on flight 89B to America Please proceed to gate 3 immediately. The final checks are being completed and the captain will order for the doors of the aircraft to close in approximately five minutes time. I repeat. This is the final boarding call for Mahir Nussayib.Thank you.

"As the final boarding called for passengers to America,I stood up with my husband on my side,my daughter and two step children together we moved one step after another,each step I take a tear fall out"

"Waitttttt"  a voice called out from behind and we walked on knowing no one will call out for us,for we told no one about our moving to America.

"Mummy"i heard a voice called out and We turned immediately looking at Amaani in a blue and golden graduation gown and a Manolo Blahnik high heel shoe with a Loewe golden  Puzzle Bag paired down by her left arm,looking beautifully grown and breathtakingly Gorgeous.

"Do not leave"she uttered as I watched with a tear stricken face some more tears threatening to fall.

"Mum  I have forgiven you and I'll be happy to see you at my graduation ceremony"She said with a sad smile.

I stood their for a while looking closely at her,thinking whether it's a real angel or it's just some part of my imagination,as I stare looking from my husband to children who nod with a smile at me and I found no words more but the only one's I got my lips uttering.

"Thank you,thank you so much My daughter,May Allah bless you,May Allah reward you"i said hugging her with  tears falling off freely like river Niger and everyone stare amazingly at us while few who recognized us take pictures and videos.

"I'm gonna be late for my grads mum,finish all the necessary things at the airport and make sure you make it to my first and last graduation"She whispered closely enough for my ears to hear while i broke the hug with a nod and a teary smile.