004

I woke up around one hour before the party, the boys were already getting ready.

"How'd you sleep, sleeping beauty?" Sirius asked, falling down onto the bed, next to me.

"Good actually, why are you already getting ready?" I asked, rubbing my eyes.

"Because we want to, me, James and Peter have to leave a bit earlier, we're going to meet you and Remus at the party then." He explained.

"Okey?"

"See you later, ready boys?" Sirius opened the door.

"Ready!" Peter and James shouted and i rolled my eyes at them.

"Don't even think of asking, I have no idea." Remus said, coming out of the bathroom.

"Well, let's get ready then."

I sat down infront of the mirror, that was leaning against the wall and started doing my makeup. I first put on some eyeliner and put some green and white details on it. Then I put on mascara and lipgloss. I curled my hair with a spell and then started to figure out how to put my dress on again.

"You need some help there?" Remus asked.

"Yeah, I have no idea how Peter tied this." I looked at him confused.

It didn't even took a minute for Remus to figure it out.

"I think I did it." I smiled proudly.

"Amazing, thanks moony."

I slid into my white converse to complete the look. There was another option but I can't stand heels and even if they would've looked better, it's just a party and I don't want to look too extra and my feet's would fall off after just an hour of wearing heels.

"You ready?" Remus asked.

"Yeah, how do I look?" I turn to face him.

"Beautiful. How do I look?"

"Fucking Handsome."

Remus grabbed my hand and we made our way downstairs, to the great Hall. Outside of the great hall, there were loads of students gathered, talking to their friends. We made our way inside and we're amazed of the way they made the great hall look. There were little fireworks exploding everywhere and just overall pretty colorful decorations.

"Can you see them?" I asked Remus after a while of looking around.

"Yeah, they're over there." He said pointing at the boys standing next to where the drinks were standing.

As we got to them they looked at us in silence.

"What?"

"You just look better than expected." James said smiling at me.

"Well, thank you. You look really handsome too you know." I smiled.

James grabbed my hand pulling me closer to him, throwing one arm over my shoulders.

"So what do you guys have been up to?" Remus asked.

"You know, just making sure we're gonna have some fun." Sirius grinned. "We put fire whiskey into the bowls."

"Idiots." Remus rolled his eyes.

After a while of talking we made our way to the middle of the room to dance. We had loads of fun and the time seemed to be passing fast. When it was time to eat something everyone took a seat on the tables that were standing all around the hall. To my luck, we sat down on a table, Lily was sitting at.

"Oh, that's surprising." She said.

"What?" I asked her, already pissed off by the way she looked at me.

"So you guys are here together?" She asked.

"Yeah, what about it? It's not like it's any of your business." I answered.

"Calm down, just don't listen to her." James whispered in my ear, pulling chair closer to his.

I felt the butterflies in my stomach.

"But you're here as friends right?" She asked again.

James and I made eye contact and I heard the voice in my head talk to me.
He then started leaning in.

"James what are you doing?" I asked him quietly.

"Just play along." He whispered.

"No, James. Stop."

And with that his lips land on mine, even if I have never craved something this much, it just didn't feel right. I feel used.
I quickly pulled away looking at James in disbelief.

"Oops." I heard Lily giggle.

"I think, I gotta go. I you excuse me." I got up from my seat, getting out of the great hall.

I sat down on the stairs, that lead up to the common rooms.
Was I just there to make Lily jealous, or to show her that James can live without running after her? I felt numb, he just used me, as distraction.

I looked at the clock that was hanging above the entrance of the great hall. It was 10:30.

"Em!"

"Hm?"

"There you are, I saw you getting up, are you okey?"

"Sure, it just didn't feel right sitting there."

"Why don't you come and sit with me? There's a seat left next to me, I gotta tell you something." Regulus suggested.

"Sure, why not." I walked behind Regulus inside the great hall again, but this time, sitting down with him and his friends, except of mine.

***

The rest of the night went by so quickly, that before I even knew it, it was 12am. Everyone cheered and hugged eachother. Outside there was a big firework going off and everyone was in a good mood. You could tell that it was the alcohol the boys mixed into the bowls.
Just as I made my way back to Gryffindor Tower, someone called out for me.

"Em, have you seen Prongs?" Sirius asked.

"No why?" I asked confused.

"He left after you left, I haven't seen him since and honestly, I'm starting to get worried." He explained.

"I'll help you look for him. Where have you looked for him already?" I was mad at James, no doubt, but he was my friend and I cared for him, maybe more than anyone did.

"You should go and look for him on the astronomy tower and in the courtyard, I'll go look here again and in our dorm." He said and I nodded.

"Tell Remus and Pete to help you." I said before making my way to the astronomy tower.

I looked for him, everywhere Sirius told me to. I even went to their dorm to see if they found him, but they didn't. 
As I made my way to my dorm again, I felt bad, it was my fault, I should've just went with it.
But then, I saw him, sitting infront of my dorm door.

"James?"

"Emma?"

"Oh my, are you stupid? We've been looking for you everywhere!" I said, before sitting down next to him. Glad that I found him.

"I wanted to apologize to you. I thought you came here, but the door was locked." He explained.

"It's okey you know, let's just get, you to your dorm."

"It's not, I wanted to make Lily jealous with you and I know kissing you was wrong and I'm really sorry, it was really fun with you, until I messed it up." He said looking at me.

"Yes, it was a lot of fun. And you're forgiven, now let's get you to bed. You'll sleep here." I said pulling him up from the floor.

As we got inside my dorm, no one was there. I went to change into my Pjs, as I came back, James was already fast asleep on my bed. I rolled my eyes and laid down on my couch. Well that was a night.