011

As we arrived at the Hufflepuff Common Room, there were two boys waiting outside, letting in the students, looking out for teachers or Filch. After they let us in, there was a piece of parchment laying on the table, telling us to which room we should go. We walked past the boys dorms to a room at the very end of the hallway. As we got to the room, all of the students there were already partying and having fun. I felt someone grab my hand, looking over, to see James smile at me. Since I was wearing heels, we were almost the same height.

"Let's go grab something to drink." He said and I followed him to a corner of the room, where all the drinks and snacks were standing.

I grabbed a cup filling it with fire whiskey, handing it to James before grabbing myself one too. The lights were flying through the room in different colors. The musics bass sending shivers through my body.
I was scanning the crowd of Students looking for Remus, Sirius and Peter, but I couldn't find them.

"You wanna dance?" James asked leaning in so I could hear him.

"Sure." I said, before emptying my cup.

We went to the dance floor and started dancing. His hands let go of mine, grabbing my waist. I looked up at him, meeting his eyes. We were holding the eye contact the whole time while dancing. It gave me goosebumps. After a couple of songs, we walked to the side of the room where some sofas and armchairs were standing. Remus and Sirius were siting there, Sirius' arm wrapped around Remus' shoulders. They were grinning at eachother and if they would be alone, there was definitely going something on by now. We sat down next to them.

"Whassup Lovebirds." Sirius grinned.

"That's we would should ask the two of you!" I said rolling my eyes at him.

"Have you seen Pete?" I asked looking around.

"Yeah, look over there, at the window. He's been making out with that girl the whole evening." Remus said pointing over to the window.

I grinned.

"Holy shit." James smiled.

We were talking for a while, my legs laying on top James'.

"Hey James." Lily suddenly said, sitting down next to him on the other side.

"Lily." James just said.

"I wanted to ask you if we could talk." She said.

"About what?" James asked.

"Please."

"Fine, five minutes." James said.

I took my legs off of his lap, sitting down straight.

"I'll be back in five minutes." James said to me and I nodded.

This evening was really going great. It almost felt like James and I were on a date or something.

Marlene sat down next to me.

"I knew she was going to try it." She said.

"Try what?" I asked.

"She never liked James the way he liked her, but she liked the attention he gave her. But since about thre months, he's been liking someone else and stopped giving her the attention he gave her before, so she started getting jealous and has been thinking about asking James out for a while now. I guess today's the day." Marlene explained.

"Oh." was all I managed to say.

"Do you wanna go and dance?" She asked me.

"Sure." I smiled, trying to push away the thought of Lily and James.

Marlene started dancing moving her body to the rhythm of the music. She grabbed my hands gesturing me to do what she does. Then a song came on that made me blend out all of the people around me, except for Marlene. We started dancing together, having a lot of fun.

"Come on, I'm thirsty." She said after some songs, dragging me with her to the drinks.

I looked over seeing James, still talking to Lily. I sighed, of course it would take longer than five minutes.

"I'm going to look for Mary now. See you." Marlene said.

I made my way back to Remus and Sirius, who were half asleep on the couch.

"Guys, wake up." I said, shaking them awake.

"I wasn't sleeping." Sirius said.

"Mhhm, sure. Let's get you out of here. I'm getting kinda tired too." I said and they nodded.

"I'll go and tell Peter that we're leaving, you go and tell James." Sirius said.

"No I'll go and tell Pete." I turned around, walking over to the window were Pete was now talking to the girl.

"Hey Em, what's up?" He asked me as I got to them.

"Hey Pete, we're leaving, Sirius and Remus were half asleep on the couch and it's getting kinda late, so just wanted to let you know." I said and he nodded.

"I'll see you tomorrow then." He said.

I smiled at him and left.

"Have you talked to James?" I asked Sirius and Remus as I got to them.

"Couldn't find him." They said.

"Okey, let's leave then." I said turning to the door.

As I walked into the Common Room, I looked at the clock. It was about 1am. I took off my heels to be as quiet as possible, walking to our tower after curfew.

We made our way as quickly as possible back to their dorm. I helped Sirius change while Remus was getting changed too. I brought them to bed and left to get to my dorm. I opened the door, revealing James and Lily, sitting on my bed, making out.

"Woah."

"Em."

"I- I'm sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt you." I said stuttering. "I will go."

"Emma, wait, please." James said, jumping up.

He grabbed my arm and looked at me.

"I'm sorry." He said.

"For what? This is what you always wanted. I'm really happy for you Jamie." I smiled at him. Even though it was a fake smile and it hurt, but I still did it.

"But-" he said.

But I left. I left while tears were filling my eyes. I knew this was gonna happen one day.

I opened the door to the boys' dorm, which probably wasn't the best room to escape to, but the only place I knew I could go. Sirius and Remus were now all cuddled up laying in Remus' bed. I threw my shoes to the floor, crawling into Sirius' bed, pulling the covers over my head. I need to sleep, maybe that was all just a bad dream and I'm still sleeping.