028

Emma's pov

School started some weeks ago. Everything is going great. Classes are fine and I would say my favorite class this year is Potions with Professor Slughorn. He's maybe a little bit forgetful or doesn't have his mind where it's supposed to be sometimes, but if he's teaching how to do a potion, he's in his I would say element.
I kind of moved in into the boys' dorm. They don't mind and neither do the girls. Marlene is kind of sad about it, but that's why I spend at least a night a week at my dorm so we can talk and have a sleep over. I even had my own bed in the boys dorm. Remus found a spell that helped him to build his bed a little bigger, meaning, Sirius and Remus were sharing this bed now and I slept in Sirius' bed.
James and I were still really close. Sometimes he came with me to the library just to be my company while I studied. He sometimes grabbed my hand in random situations, like in class or on our way to the great hall, or he gave me forehead kisses. But we didn't kiss again, the last time was on the beach, after Remus and Sirius left to go back to the house. Sometimes, there were moments I wanted to kiss him so bad, but I didn't.

***

"Students, we have an announcement." Dumbledore said, standing on his desk in the front of the hall.

We were at dinner, waiting for our food.

"We are going to do a Halloween Dance this year." He said and the students around us started talking.

"Quiet!" McGonagall said.

"There's no such a thing like dress code, but it would be great, if you all put on different, spooky costumes! We are also all going to wear costumes and will make the great hall look spooky!" McGonagall said with a bright smile on her face.

The food appeared on the tables and soon all the attention was on either the food or what to wear for the dance.

"We still have two weeks left. No need to worry." Sirius shrugged.

"No, it's actually eight days. Sirius it's Wednesday, the 31st is next week on Thursday." Remus said.

"Well, still enough time, we can look for a costume on Saturday or something, you know go down to Hogsmeade." Peter suggested.

"Good idea Pete! Any costume ideas already?" I asked.

"No." James said stuffing food into his mouth.

"Well I do." Remus said.

"Really?" Sirius asked.

"Yeah, basic, Skeleton. We can go as partners." Remus said to Sirius which made him smile.

"I have no idea, really." Peter said.

"I do, well I have a few. I will draw some of them down later, I can show them to you then." I said to him and he nodded.

Dinner was over and we made our way back to our dorm, as James put his arm around me and leaned in to whisper something into my ear.

"We can do a couple costume, what do you think?" James said.

"I like that idea." I smiled.

"I knew it." He grinned proudly.

Marlene walked past us looking at me with wide eyes and a grin.

"I'll see you later, gotta talk to Mar, bye." I said before walking over to her.

"I think you left out some chapters as you talked about your summer." She said.

"No I didn't."

"Don't lie! You definitely did. I mean the arm around you thing isn't new, but the way you two look at eachother is, and the hand holding and the forehead kisses! I saw it, all of it! Also, since when does James go to the library?" She said.

"Are you spying on me?" I asked laughing.

"No, I'm just good at adding two and two together. Come on, let's go to the astronomy tower, no one should be there now and you can tell me EVERYTHING I've missed." She said, dragging me up the stairs to the astronomy tower.

I told her everything that happened, even that we kissed. I didn't even tell Remus about it. At first I wasn't sure if I should tell her or not, after all, she was still friends with Lily, but I knew that I could trust her, like she does, when she tells me everything about her and Mary.

"I am so happy for you! You have no idea. But I knew it!" Marlene said giving me a hug.

"Yeah, it isn't really like we're hiding it or something. I'm literally living in his dorm." I said.

"Yeah but you already did that before summer. And honestly, there's no one else that fits better for the two of you." Marlene smiled.

"Thanks." I said. "But you're the first one to know. I don't know if James did tell anyone, but I didn't. Not even Remus or Sirius or Peter."

"I will promise you to not tell anyone. Until you guys are official, then I will tell everyone that I was the first to know." She grinned and I laughed.

"What time is it? We should get back to our dorms, I don't want to get into detention, for being up after curfew." I said and Marlene agreed.

We made our way back to our dorms and said our goodbyes as we parted our ways. As I came into the dorm, Remus and Peter were sleeping. Like literally sleeping. I shut the door so loudly that that didn't even wake them up.
Sirius and James looked at me and Sirius grinned.

"What were you doing up so late? Met with a lover?" Sirius asked.

"No, I was just talking to Marlene." I said.

"Well, when James and I were at their dorm, you wasn't there." Sirius said.

"Marlene wasn't either and what were you doing there anyways?" I asked sitting down on my bed.

"Talked to Lily." James said.

"About what?" I asked, maybe a little too jealous.

"She asked me out for the dance." James said.

"And he said, and I quote 'No, I already have a date.' What a liar." Sirius said.

"Well maybe he does have a date." I shrugged.

"Sure, and he wouldn't tell me who it is." Sirius said rolling his eyes.

"You'll see who it is at the dance, have a little patience." James said.

"See, you don't have to know everything directly." I said.

"Oh shut up. I'm going to bed." Sirius said, laying down next to Remus.

When Sirius had fallend asleep, I also got ready for bed.

"Goodnight James." I said as I laid down in my bed.

"Night Em." He said looking at me.

We held eye contact until my eyes closed and I drifted off to sleep.