Chapter 1

As soon as I stepped into my apartment I took off my heels and sat down on the sofa.
I picked up the phone and wondered if it was right for me to text him right away.
"Maybe he'll think I'm too rushed?" I thought "What does it matter?"
I searched for the number he had given me and opened his chat.
He had a picture of a dog as his profile picture.
"He didn't tell me he had a dog. Weird."
I decided not to waste any more time and to text him.

XXX-XXX-XXX

Hey Tyler.
I'm the girl of the bar.
I had a nice time with you.
I'm happy that you gave me you
number.
Have a good night.
y/n

I put down the phone and went to change.
Once I changed, I lay down on the bed and, not being sleepy as it was still eleven, I started scrolling Instagram.
A short time later I received a notification.

XXX-XXX-XXX

Sorry to ruin your expectations but I think this "Tyler" gave you the wrong number.

This isn't Tyler?

Nope.
This is Chris.

I should have known he was going to give me the wrong number.
I'm really sorry if I disturbed you, Chris, I didn't mean to.

You don't have to be sorry.
Things like this could happen to everyone.
But I don't understand why he gave you a wrong number.

Wdym?

???

It means 'what do you mean'

Oh, yeah. Sorry.
I mean from your profile pic you look like a very pretty girl and if I were him I wouldn't give you the wrong number.
God, that's awkward... 
I told you you're pretty and we are completely strangers.
I'm very sorry. 

No, it's okay, don't be sorry.
Thank you, by the way.
Your profile pic is also very pretty.
Is it your dog?

Yes, it is. 

It's a boy or a girl?

He's a boy. 

Cool, but I need to go to sleep now, I have to go to work tomorrow morning.

Yeah, I should go too. 

Sorry again for the message.

I already told you to not be sorry.
I actually liked our little chat.

Me too, tbh.
(To be honest)

I knew what that meant, hahaha. 

Yeah, sure things, hahaha.

Goodnight, y/n. 

Goodnight to you too, Chris.

I set the alarm, closed my phone and went to sleep.
The next morning the alarm made me jump out of bed.
I quickly had tea and biscuits for breakfast then went to get ready.
I washed my face, brushed my teeth and went to get dressed.
I opened the closet and I decided to put on a pair of high-waisted light-colored jeans, a plain black sweater and my beloved black Vans.
I took the bag and put the keys and the phone in it.
I left the apartment and closed the door behind me, walking towards the study.
-Goodmorning Megan.- I told the girl, who was busy typing on the computer, she was probably replying to an email.
-Morning y/n.- she said turning around -How was last night with that Tyler guy?-
-He gave me the wrong number.- I said opening the door to the other room and checking the photos printed the day before.
-This sucks. I'm sorry girl.- she said.
-It's okay. I already forgot about him.-
-But whose was that number, then?-
-He probably change a couple of numbers of his number.-
-So who did you text? -
-A Chris guy. He was pretty nice, actually. Do you want to read the messages?- I asked, taking my cell phone.
-Heck yeah.- she said smiling and coming towards me -That's a cute thing to say. He's a bit old fashioned, isn't he?- she said after reading.
-A little bit, yes.-
-Why don't you text him? I mean right now.-
-Oh god, no. We don't know each other. I would be so weird.- I said cleaning a camera lens.
-No, it wouldn't be. Also you already talked with him.- she said, then the phone rang and she went to answer.
-Who was on the phone?- I asked when she came back.
-Just mum that wanted to check on me. She greets you.- she said sitting down on the swivel chair.
-I greet her too. She's always so nice to me. Anyway when I arrived you were writing an email, weren't you?-
-Yes, its is just a wedding in a couple of weeks.-
-Boss knows about it?-
-Yep. Actually the clients are the boss's niece and her fiance.- she said quietly.
-Okay. Write it down on a post it or I will forget it.- I said jokingly.
-I knew you would ask me to do it, so I already did it. It's on the wall next to your PC.-
You're the best, Meg.- I said smiling at her.
-I know, I know.- she said she then bowed slightly.
At that moment I felt my phone vibrate, when I saw it was Chris I opened my eyes wide, not expecting him to text me.
Megan, seeing my expression, sat down beside me so that she could see my screen.