Chapter 20

The next morning, when I woke up, the first I felt was an arm around my waist.
I could feel the warmness of Chris's body against mine.
I turned around, so I could face him, and noticed he was awake.
-Goodmorning.- he said, smiling at me.
I smiled back at him, still half asleep.
He cupped my face sweetly and gave me a soft kiss.
-This is indeed a good morning.- I smirked at him as he brought me closer to him.
-It really is.- he smiled mischievously.
The next moment I found him on top of me.
I felt his whole body against mine and I flushed a little.
He kissed me as I wrapped my arms around his neck.
-I see you are enjoying the morning.- I whispered in the kiss.
-Mhmh...yeah, I am.- he smiled, laying next to me -Wanna have breakfast?- he asked as I nodded, smiling at him.
He sat down, turning his back to me, to dress himself.
Only then I saw that his back was full of scratches and grazes.
-Oh shit...- I whispered, running a finger on some of the reddish lines.
-What's wrong?- he asked, turning his head a little.
-Your back...is full of scratches.- I whispered, resting my head on his shoulder.
-I'll be fine. A few scratches are nothing compared to the night we had. Am I right, aren't I?- he smiled.
-Mhmh, that's true.- I said, kissing his cheek sweetly.
He handed me my underwear and a hoodie of his.
-I'll wait for you in the kitchen, alright?- he asked and I nodded.
Then he left the room.
I quickly dressed myself, at the thought of last night I, involuntarily, smiled and bit my lips.
"What are we now, though?" I asked myself, putting on his hoodie and smelling it "It smells like him."
Once I was ready, I walked to the kitchen.
On my way Dodger saw me and barked, in search of attention, as I knelt next to him.
-Goodmorning to you buddy.- I patted him as he licked my face -Hey, hey there.- I laughed, almost risking to fall.
-Dodger, buddy, can you not kill her, please?- Chris said, appearing from behind, grabbing me from my waist and putting me on my foot.
-Thank you.- I smiled, blushing at that contact, still not used to it.
-You're welcome. Let's go, breakfast is waiting.- he said, taking my hand in his as he led the way.
My heart raced at that touch.
"This man wants to kill me?" I thought looking at our intertwined hands.
We sat at the table and Chris passed me a plate.
On the table there were waffles, some with maple syrups and others with chocolate and whipped cream.
-Wow, you made this?- I asked, quite surprised.
-You really thought that I was incapable of cooking something all by myself?- he asked in a fake offended tone.
-No, I'm just surprised. That's all.- I smiled, chuckling -When did you make them? Because I didn't see you making them.- I said, as Chris filled my plate with a couple of waffles.
-I woke up before you. Just like twenty, thirty minutes before you. So I decided to do something for you.- he smiled softly.
-Well thank you.- I said, flushing.
We started eating and chatting in a lovely way.
When we finished we sat on the sofa.
I cuddled up next to him and he wrapped his arm around my shoulders.
-When...when will you go back to...to London?- he asked, out of the blue.
-This evening...- I whispered, sighing.
I was enjoying Chris's presence so much that I almost forgot that I had to leave.
-Oh, alright.- he said, kissing my temple.
-I really wish I could stay more.- I said, feeling my eyes tearing up.
-Hey, hey, don't worry it's okay.- he said, passing his thumb on my eyes -Don't cry.- he smiled at me.
-Why? Aren't I cute? Last time you saw me crying you told me I was cute. So you were lying?- I said, trying not to smile.
-I didn't...I...I never said that. You look absolutely stunning also when you're crying.- he said, panicking a little.
-Hey, hey, I'm kidding.- I said, linking our hands.
-You scared the shit out of me.- he said, sighing in relief as he brought my hand to his mouth and left a soft kiss on it.
-Sorry, sorry.- I said laughing a little and resting my head on his lap as he started stroking my hair gently
I closed my eyes, carried by the moment, pleased by his sweet touch.
We stayed like that for some moments, enjoying the other's presence, then he broke the silence.
-Can...can I ask you something?- he asked and I simply hummed in agreement -What are we?- hearing that question made me froze in place -Because we're surely more than just friends...-
-But we are not that much to be a couple...- I pointed out.
-Look at Aaron and Megan. I wouldn't have bet on them at all, but I was wrong. They love each other and they are happy together. So why couldn't we have it?- he asked.
-I don't know, Chris...I would love it. Really. I'm just afraid that if we say that we're officially dating and then we broke up all your fans will hate.- I said, look down.
-It won't happen. I won't let them. We can make things work, if we really want to.- he said.
-You think?- I asked him, with a voice full of hope.
-I'm sure about it.- he smiled, cupping my face and kissing me -So...have I convinced you?- he smirked.
-Let's say that I'm giving us a chance.- I smiled at him.
-This is amazing! You won't regret it.- he said, standing up and holding out his hand for me.
As I took his hand, he grabbed me from my waist and spun me around, laughing.
-C'mon Chris! Put me down!- I said laughing.
-I'm just so happy!- he said, putting me on my feet and hugging me -I wish I could scream it to the world.-
I rested my head on his shoulder, as he tightened his grip on me, like he was afraid that he would have lost me.