Chapter 29

Chris froze in place when he saw me. 
-Hey, hey, sweetheart.- he said, smiling awkwardly -You weren't supposed to come back for another...fifteen or twenty minutes.- he said, looking at his watch.
-Something's wrong, Chris?- I asked, trying to look over his shoulder. 
-No, no. Everything's fine.- he tried to keep me calm. 
-Alright. I need a glass of water and something to eat. If you don't mind.- I smiled, trying to pass him.
-No. You can't. Because...because...just don't. Please.- he said, grabbing my shoulders softly. 
-Why? What's wrong with my kitchen?- I asked him, starting to worry. 
-Nothing is wrong, just...just...- he sighed -I just wanted to surprise you with a dinner.- he looked away -But I guess I screwed it up...-  
-No, Chris, no. You didn't screw it up.- I said, cupping his face softly -This was such a cute thing to do.- I smiled, kissing him. 
-You think?- he asked, looking into my eyes. 
-Yeah, totally. You know what? I'm going in the other room while you finish. Unless you want a hand in the kitchen.- I grinned, taking his hand in mine. 
-Don't worry, I can handle it by myself. Go and play with Dodger, sweetheart.- he smiled. 
-Alright then.- I said, then I understood why Megan didn't want me to come home that early -Did Megan, by any chance, knew about this?- I asked, grinning with a knowing look.
-Maybe?- he shrugged.
-Okay, okay, don't answer. But I know she did knew.- I smiled, walking into the other room, where the dog jumped on me, wagging his tail happily -Hi Dodg. Who's my good boy? Who is it?- I asked, stroking his fur. 
-Are you talking about me? I'm a good boy.- Chris asked jokingly, as his head peeked from the door. 
-Oh my god, babe.- I said, laughing and shaking my head. 
-Sorry, sorry.- he chuckled a little, disappearing again in the kitchen. 
I sat on the couch and Dodger jumped on my lap, probably wanting some cuddles, so I started caressing him.
From the other room there were some slight curses. 
-Chris, are you okay?- I asked, as Dodger jumped down and went to his owner. 
-Yes, I'm fine. Don't worry.- he said. 
-Do you need a hand?- 
-No, it's okay. I'm almost done.- he gave a thumbs up, peeking from the door. 
-When I texted you not to burn my flat down I also meant when Aaron wasn't here.- I chuckled.
-I swear I'm not burning anything.- he said, in a fake offended tone. 
The phone, which was in my bag, rang so I took it.
Megan had sent me an article. 

Celebrity news:
Chris Evans spotted yesterday in London while doing some groceries shopping with his friend y/n y/l/n. 
Looks like every time these two hang out they are photographed by journalists and paparazzi. 
But this is not the only thing. 
Today the actor was spotted shopping alone.
Now, some questions are crossing our minds.
If Evans is there for a little time, he's probably staying in a hotel, right?
Then where is he keeping the groceries?
Because we doubt he will be able to consume all that in a few days.
So maybe he is staying at some friend's house? Maybe at y/n's house?
Is he planning to cook something for her? 
I guess we'll never know. 
Below this text are the related photos. 

I sighed heavily and Chris walked in the room

-It's ready?- I asked, turning off my phone immediately. 
-Yeah. What do you have to sighed about?- he asked gently. 
-Nothing, don't worry, babe.- I smiled. 
-That didn't seem nothing to me, sweetheart. What's wrong?- he asked, kneeling next to me. 
-Just...just an article.- I said, handing my phone to him and he quickly read it. 
-I'm sorry, this is my fault. I shouldn't have gone and bought all that stuff alone. I'm truly sorry, sweetheart.- he said, sighing. 
-It's not your fault. It's our fault. Alright?- I asked, cupping his face and kissing him softly -Anyway dinner is not gonna eat itself, so what's about we forget everything for a while and we go eat?- 
-Yes, let's go.- he stood up and offered me his hand, which I took.
He leaded to the kitchen and I gasped a little when I walked in. 
Some lighted candles around the kitchen and the light were suffessed.
On the table there was a red and white checkered tablecloth and it was set for two.
-Chris, oh my god. This is...beautiful.- I said, smiling and putting a hand on my mouth.
-Glad you like it sweetheart. I wanted to do something like a first date, since we can't do it outside, because every time we hang out they catch us.- he smiled sadly.
-Don't worry, we'll manage it somehow.- I gave him a reassuring smile. 
-I'm sure we will.- he said, pulling the chair to make me sit. 
-Thank you.- I smiled involuntarily at that cute courtesy -What has the chef cooked?- 
-Spaghetti and meatballs, you like it?- he asked, taking the pot and putting the contents in the two plates. 
-Absolutely. This gives me a lot of "Lady and the tramp" vibes, y'know?- I smiled. 
-Actually it was the atmosphere I wanted to recreate. I'm happy you noticed it.- he said, placing the plates on the table and sitting. 
-You did pretty good. This is simply fantastic.- I smiled, feeling my heart beating faster. 
He placed his hand on mine and caressed it. 
We ate and talked until he stood up and put some music on. 
'It's been a long, long time' by Harry James. 
-Care for a dance?- he asked, holding out his hand. 
-Steve and Peggy's song I see. Are you trying to replace her?- I joked. 
-I could never. I traveled through time and space for her.- he chuckled, as I stood up, and he held me close. 
I wrapped my arms around his neck and rested my head against his chest, humming the song, while he put his hand on my waist, with his forehead on my head.  
It was like everything had disappeared. 
It was just me and him.
And it was perfect.