Chapter 11

We went to the park. 
He parked his car near an ice-cream kiosk. 
We looked around, nobody seemed to notice us, then he ordered two ice-cream.
We sat on the grass, at the shadow of a tree. 
He almost laid down in the grass.
-You'll get dirty if you stay like that in the grass.- I told him laughing. 
-C'mon, I have black pants, nobody will notice.- he said. 
-You're wearing a light gray sweatshirt. Someone will notice the dirt if you laid down, though.- I told him. 
-Well, you've got a point, actually.- he said, sitting up, laughing. 
-You're such a kid sometimes.- I said, joining his laugh. 
His laughing was spontaneous and contagious. 
I could help but laugh with him. 
He looked so good, sat in the grass, with his blue eyes and his black cap.
When a cold breeze hit us, I rubbed my arms with my hands, because I was still wearing the Captain America t-shirt with short sleeves. 
-Are you cold, y/n/n?- he asked, tilting his head. 
-Just a little, don't worry.- I told him, shrugging. 
Without a word he took off his sweatshirt and gave it to me. 
-I was feeling hot anyway.- he smiled -Take it. Don't worry.- he smiled kindly. 
-Thank you, Chris.- I smiled at him putting it on -Remember me to gave it back before you left.- 
-Alright.- he nodded, looking at me. 
We talked until midafternoon, when he got a call from his agent, who told him to get back to the hotel, because they had to discuss something. 
We got in the car and he started to apologise. 
-Chris, don't worry, it's okay.- I told him, after the tenth time he said sorry. 
-I'm just...I didn't want this afternoon to end like this.- he admitted, frowning a little. 
-It's fine, Chris, you have already done too much for us. The tickets, the meeting with the others, the lunch and the ice-cream.- I smiled, rubbing his arm a little. 
-This is too little for you, trust me. You deserve everything in this world and even more.- he smiled, making me blush little. 
-C'mon stop, Evans.- I said. 
-What, y/l/n? It's true.- he giggled -Here's our stop.- he said, stopping the car some meters before my flat -Can I have the honour to accompany the the door, at least?- 
-But your agent...- I remember him. 
-I'm sure he can wait another five minutes.- he smiled. 
-Alright then, but let's be quick, I don't want you to get in trouble because of me.- I said. 
-I'll be fine, don't worry.- he told me, smiling as he got out of the car and I did the same. 
We walked that few meters that divided his car and my flat. 
Arriving at the door, I sighed. 
-I guess this is a goodbye, then.- I said. 
-I guess it is, but we'll surely see each other again.- he hugged me and I rested my head against his shoulder, as he rubbed my back. 
-Sorry...I didn't mean to sound so...sad.- I said, a little embarrassed. 
-Don't worry it's okay.- he smiled, taking some hair out of my face -I'm sad too that I have to go back so early, I really wish I could stay more.- he said, hugging me again. 
-Now you really have to go though, before your agent kills me.- I smiled sadly. 
-I have to, I guess.- he sighed -I'll text you tomorrow morning before I get on the plane and when I'll land. Is this okay for you?- he asked. 
-Alright, yeah. It's fine.- I nodded, smiling a little. 
-Keep smiling, got it?- he asked.
-Mhmh.- I nodded, smiling and blushing a little. 
-I really have to go now. I'll text you tomorrow, bye y/n/n.- he said. 
-Bye Chris.- I waved at him, looking at him, walking away -Wait! Chris, your sweatshirt.- I said. 
-You can keep it. It looks better on you anyway.- he smirked, giving me a wink, before he got in the car. 
I followed with my gaze his car until I didn't see it anymore.
I walked in my flat, still surprised by that afternoon. 
I changed my clothes in something more comfy but I kept Chris's sweatshirt. 
Sitting on the couch, scrolling on Instagram, some notifications for my attention. 
Several of the Marvel cast had started following me. 
Not so long after, Chris had sent me his goodnight message and I fell asleep with a smile on my face. 
The next morning when I woke up, my phone was blowing. 
Megan had sent me a link and a lot of messages, which said to read it as soon as possible.
Confused and half-asleep I opened it.

Celebrity news:
Chris Evans spotted in a park in London with an anonymous girl, who we know, almost for sure, not being an actress or model.
These two seemed to be having a nice time in the shade of a tree, eating some ice-cream, having a lovely chat and laughing. 
These two are just friends or something more? 
Below this text the related photo. 

-Shit

-Shit. No, no, no. This is bad.- I said, under my breath, rereading the text to be sure. 
I immediately opened Chris' chat.

Chris 

Hey, good morning there :)
Of course you're still sleeping, hahaha.
I just got on the plane, I'll text you when I land. 
I just land.
And you're still sleeping, I'm not even surprised, hahaha.

Hey, morning to you too.
Sorry I just woke up.
Did you see the article? 

Yeah, I saw it.
I'm truly sorry. 
I really didn't want to get you in the way, forgive me.

Chris, I know you didn't mean to.
It's okay. 
Luckily the photo doesn't show my whole face.
I can already hear all your fangirls screaming, hahaha. 

I can too honestly, hahaha.
But for real thought, I'm so sorry. 

I already told you. 
I forgave you, Chris. 

Just checking, hahaha. 
Try to keep a low profile for a few days. 

I'll try, thanks for the advice. 

If someone asks me in an interview I'll tell them the truth, so that we're just friends. 

It sounds good to me.

Damn, I didn't see how late it was.
I'm gonna let you get ready for work. 
Sorry again for the disturb and the problem. 

Don't worry, I already told you. 
I'll text you in these days. 

Alright, bye y/n/n

Bye Chris

When I read the word "friend" my heart sank and I sighed loudly.