Chapter 30

When the song finished he took a couple of steps back.
-What are you doing?- I asked him, with a confused look. 
He put his hand in his pocket, then he started to speak. 
-Okay so...we have been together for what? It's like three months now and these months have been the best. Or even better, since I started talking to you my life changed in a better way. And I'm not exaggerating, trust me. Just knowing that you're there for me, makes me feel so...happy. You helped me a lot and I'm grateful for that. When we first met I told you that I had some trust issues in both terms of friendship and relationship, but I immediately felt that I could trust. And I'm so glad I did. I cannot express in words how much you mean to me. And I know, I know that we have known each other for a relatively short time but I couldn't be more happy that you're in my life. I...I love you...- he said, taking out of his pocket a little blue box and opening it revealing a crown shaped ring -Will you be officially my girlfriend?- 
-Chris...I...I...- I stammered, covering my mouth with my hands -Yes, of course. I love you.- I smiled, as he quickly put the ring on my ring finger then I wrapped my arms around his neck kissing him. 
-I'm so happy, so happy!- he said, chuckling and spinning me around. 
-Chris stop!- I chuckled as well, connecting our lips again.
I could feel his smile against my lips.
When he put me on my feet, I looked at the ring. 
-Do you like it, sweetheart?- he asked, caressing my cheek with his thumb. 
-Yes, it's lovely, babe. I feel kinda guilty now.- I said, shifting my gaze from the ring to his eyes. 
-Don't worry about it, really.- he smiled, kissing my forehead. 
I gave another look at the ring before giving a look at Chris. 
-I won't lie, I'm scared...- I said, sighing a little -I'm scared of how your fans will react to this news. And I'm not ready to tell them yet. I'm truly sorry, Chris.- I said, looking away. 
-Hey, hey. Don't worry about it. It's alright. We'll tell them when you will be ready. The last thing I want is you being uncomfortable.- he gave me a warm smile and hugged me. 
-Thank you.- I said, resting my face on his chest, as he stroked my back. 
-So...I bought a cake. Wanna eat or...?- he joked, shrugging. 
-Yeah, why not?- I smiled as we sat again.
He cut the cake and put two pieces on two plates. 
-Here we go.- he said, passing me a plate. 
-How did you know that this is my favourite cake?- I asked, swallowing a bite. 
-I didn't. I simply picked one that I thought you might like.- he shrugged, smiling. 
-Megan told you, didn't she?- I grinned, shaking my head. 
-Okay, maybe she did.- he said, rolling his eyes, chuckling. 
After we ate, we sat on the couch and decided to cuddle and watch a random film that was on the tv. 
During the film, which I wasn't really watching, I looked up at him. 
His light brown-goldish hair was in order. 
His blue eyes were breathtaking. 
His lips were rosy and soft. 
He was perfect. 
And I still couldn't understand why he wanted to be with me. 
I wasn't one of the prettiest women he knew. 
I wasn't a talented actress or a fascinating model. 
So why?
-Chris...?- I got his attention. 
-Yeah, sweetheart?- he looked at me. 
"Maybe he'll think I'm too annoying. It's better if I don't say anything." I told myself, remembering all those mean comments. 
-Nothing, nothing. Don't worry.- I shook my head, looking at the tv again. 
-What's wrong?- he asked, with a concerned look. 
-Nothing's wrong. Really.- I smiled, trying to reassure him. 
-Sweetheart, it's been three months that we've been together and more than one year that we know each other. I know when something is troubling you. Why don't you tell me?- he said, with the sweetest look. 
-Just...just why me?- I asked, looking at the ring. 
-What do you mean 'why you'?- he asked, with a confused look. 
-I'm not one of the prettiest women you know. I'm not an actress or a model. So why me?- 
-Sweetheart. I choose you because you are you. You say you aren't the prettiest woman I know, but for me, you are. If you just could see how I see you, you wouldn't say that. You're funny, beautiful, intelligent, creative.- he said taking my hands in his -The way you say my name makes me smile. The way you laugh makes my heart race. The way you talk and play with Dodger makes me so happy. The way you touch me makes me blush. The way you are yourself makes me love you even more. You are y/n y/l/n. That's why you.- he smiled softly, placing a kiss on the back of my hand -So please don't ask yourself this never again. I love you and never doubt my words. Okay?- 
-Yeah, okay. I love you too.- I smiled, nodding and caressing his cheek. 
He rested his forehead against mine, I brushed my nose against his, before our lips touched.