Chapter 26

Three weeks passed and one morning, on my free day, I was taking Dodger on a morning walk while I was on the phone with Chris. 
-It was supposed to be a serious scene but he started laughing so hard and we had to stop. So yeah.- he chuckled, at that memory. 
-Sounds like you had a lot of fun on the set.- I said, crossing the road. 
-Yeah, it was.- he replied -It's as fun as tiring.- 
-So when will you come?- I asked -Today? Or maybe tomorrow? I can't wait to see you.- I admitted. 
-About that...- his voice immediately changed. 
-This doesn't sound good. What's the problem?- I asked, worriedly. 
-Nothing to be worried about. We just need to re-shoot some scenes and we need more time. So I'll arrive next week. I'm very sorry. I'll find a way to make up for this.- 
-Hey, hey. It's okay, Chris. Don't worry. Dodger can handle another week without seeing you.- I reassured him. 
-I'm sure he can. But can you?- he joked. 
-Yeah, I think I can.- I said, frowning. 
-I can't see you but I can feel you just frowned.- he joked. 
-How do you know?- I asked as I stopped, opening the bag and searching for the keys. 
-Your tone changes when you frown. After a while it's impossible to not notice it.- he explained. 
-You scare me sometimes, Evans.- I said chuckling, putting the key in the lock and walking in the building. 
-I know, y/l/n I know. Anyway, it's your free day. What are you gonna do?- he asked. 
-I actually don't know. I just came back home after taking Dodger out for a walk. Dodger don't lick the sofa!- I said, the dog looked at me then he sat in his bed -Sorry if I made you deaf.-
-No, don't worry. Won't you hang out with Megan?- 
-Unluckily for me Aaron is here, they were going to Megan's parents, so no, I won't.- I said with a sigh -What about you? What are you gonna do?-
-I'm still deciding too. But I think I will simply re read the script and then watch a movie.- 
-Sound more fun then yell at a dog because he's licking your sofa.-
-Indeed it is.- he chuckled -But it's quite boring here, without Dodger, not gonna lie.- 
-I bet it is. He brings so much joy.- I sighed, smiling. 
-Yeah, he does.- 
At that moment someone rang the bell. 
-Sorry Chris. Give me a second. There is someone at the door.- I said, standing up. 
-Don't worry. Take your time.- 
I left the phone on the sofa and I walked to the door. 
-Who is it?- I asked, opening the door slightly. 
-A package.- a voice answered. 
"But I didn't order anything." I thought, trying to remember what could possibly be.
-There must be an error.- I said, opening the door a little more -I didn't ord...- 
The words died in my throat. 
-Surprise.- Chris said, spreading his arms. 
My eyes widened and my hands flew on my mouth. 
-Chris?- I asked as my eyes teared up. 
-Yeah.- he nodded, smiling -Don't you want to hug me?-
I approached him and threw my arms around his neck as he put them on my waist, holding me close to him. 
I cupped his face and we kissed. 
When we broke the kiss, he rested his chin on my head, given the height difference, and I rested mine on his chest, enjoying the rhythmic beats of his heart. 
We stayed like these for a few moments, before remembering that anyone could see us, so we walked in.
Dodger immediately started barking and licking his owner's face.
Chris patted him, before shifting his attention again to me. 
-What are you doing here?- I asked him as we sat on the couch -You said that you needed another week.- I said, not being able to stop smiling. 
-If I had told you that I had finished, it wouldn't have been a surprise.- he explained, taking my hand in his. 
-I'm so happy you're back here.- I said, hugging him again. 
-I'm happy too. You don't know how much I missed you.- he said, stroking my cheek. 
-I missed you too.- 
-So tell me. How were these days without me?- he asked, smiling, as Dodger sat on his lap.
-Awful, trust me.- I sighed -When you said that you needed another week I was about to cry, believe me.- 
-No, please. I would feel so guilty.- he joked, putting an arm around my shoulders. 
At that point my phone rang. 
As I picked it up, I saw it was Megan. 
-Wanna send her a photo?- I asked, looking at him.
-Sure why not?- he smiled.

Aaron's simp

Hey y/n/n.
Sorry if I abandoned you for Aaron today.
Is everything okay with Dodger?

Hey Meg, I'm fine.
I'm not alone.
This guy surprised me.

Oh, that's good.
Hi Chris, how are you?

He says he's good.
He asks how are you and Aaron.

I'm good, thanks.
He's fine too.
My father didn't kill him yet so, yeah.
Actually they're laughing together. 

That's a good news.

Aaron sends his regards to you and Chris.  
And he adds that he didn't expect Chris to come so early. 

Alright then.
I'll leave you two to chat with your parents. 
I'll see you tomorrow.
Good luck.

Thank you, girl. 
See ya tomorrow.
Have fun ;) 

Shut up.

I turned off my phone, putting it on the sofa, next to me, before resting my head on Chris's shoulder. 
-Wanna watch a movie?- I asked him, locking his eyes with mine.
-While we cuddle?- he asked, grinning. 
-You don't even need to ask that.- I said poking his nose and he kissed my temples. 
I cuddled up against him, as he held me close and Dodger was laying on our lap.