Chapter 22

The next morning when I woke up I noticed it was relatively early.
I opened the news, just to check if someone has seen me and Chris at the airport.
I found out that I was right.
In fact, the first article that came out was about me and Chris and it was dated today.
-Fucking hell...- I whispered opening the link and reading it.

Celebrity news
Chris Evans and his friend y/n y/l/n were spotted last night (around midnight) at the airport.
Only she had a suitcase so we presume she's going back home and Chris, being the gentleman he is, probably volunteered to accompany her.
In the last period she was spotted at first with him, then some time later, with Sebastian Stan (who is also one of Chris's close friends) in London.
Stan also made a post clarifying that he and the girl are just friends and the same is with Evans, after the numerous theories about them being a couple.
Two days ago (June 13th) was Chris Evans's birthday, so this is the probable reason why she went to see him.
A lot of fans actually "ship" the two of them and hope they would become a couple eventually.
On the other hand, the minority don't want this to happen because "she's not famous", a thing from which we dissociate ourselves.
Everyone can love who they want to.
Below this text the related photo.

I sat on the sofa and sent it to Chris

He almost immediately answered me.

Chris♡

Hey, (not a) goodmorning ♡ 

Goodmorning ♡
Don't think about it, will you?

It's difficult.
Very difficult.

I know, I know. 
Just see the positive part. 
A lot of fans ship us. 

Yeah, I read it.

Did you tell Megan about us? 

Yeah, I did.
To be honest she started to ask questions and made me confess it.

Sounds like her, hahaha. 

Yeah, it's definitely her thing,
hahaha.

Well I love our little chat, but I really have to go, work calls. 

That's okay, I have too actually.

I feel less guilty now, hahaha. 
I'll text you later.  
Have a good day. 
♡ 

I will try, thanks.
Have a good day too.
♡ 

I smiled at his message and I sighed happily. 
I quickly had breakfast then I started to get ready.
I dressed myself then I went to work. 
As I entered the building, I involuntarily smiled, happy to be back at work. 
-Look who came back. Chris's girlfriend.- Megan smiled, teasing me, when she saw me.
-I'm not his girlfriend yet though. We are seeing if it could work.- I remembered her -How is Aaron's girlfriend instead?- I asked, sitting at my desk, while deciding to check some emails. 
-She's pretty happy that her friend is back.- she said smiling. 
-So it's official?- I asked her. 
-Yeah. Or well he didn't ask me yet, but two days ago we were discussing about introducing the other to our respective parents, so yeah. It's serious.- she smiled, flushing a little. 
-I'm so happy for you. I truly am.- I said, smiling at her -Congratulation, girl.- 
-Thanks, thanks.- she said, sitting on the chair. 
-Any problem? Boss called? Something went wrong? Unhappy clients?- I asked her. 
-No, nope, absolutely no, also no. Everything's went smoothly.- she said proud of herself -I handled all by myself.- 
-Good, good.- I said responding to some emails. 
Me and Megan started to work then during our break we decided to go out for a walk. 
We went to the park and we sat in the shadow of a tree, enjoying the warm sun of mid June.
We talked about the last few days that we needed to catch up. 
-He liked the presents?- she asked, drinking her smoothie. 
-Yeah, he was wearing the cap when he accompanied me to the airport. For the comics he sounded really excited to read them.- I said looking around. 
Quite a few people were at the park at that hour.
Couples walking hand in hand, kids running around, playing and screaming and elderly people sitting on the benches feeding the pigeons or talking between them. 
I sighed loudly looking at a couple, who were just passing by. 
-You already miss him, don't you?- Megan asked, placing a hand on my shoulder. 
-Mhmh.- I nodded, smiling sadly. 
-Well at least now you know how I feel.- she said smiling, trying to ease the situation. 
-Yeah, you're right.- I nodded, chuckling -You always feel like this? How can you live?- I asked her, jokingly. 
-What is grief, if not love persevering?- she smiled.
-You can't quote Vision. That phrase broke my heart.- I said, dramatically, bringing a hand on my heart. 
-Please, don't die or Chris would never forgive me.- she said, copying my dramatic tone. 
We looked at each other seriously, the next moment we burst into laughter.
We finished our smoothies then we came back to work.