Chapter 36

Megan tried to call Sebastian and Anthony but they didn't answer either.
My mind hadn't realized what had happened in the last minutes. 
All I could think about was Chris.
I was pregnant and I didn't even have the certainty that he was still alive.
-Why...why don't you go and lay down for a while, y/n/n?- she proposed, in a sweet tone.
-You...you're...right...- I nodded, sniffling. 
I went into my and Chris's room, with a wobbly step, having to hold on to the wall, otherwise my knees would have given way. 
I opened Chris's wardrobe and I took a hoodie of his. 
I layed down on the bed, hugging the hoodie tightly and bursting into a liberating cry.
The only thing on my mind was the crashed plane and Chris's lifeless body. 
I tried to stifle a sob, failing. 
"Why me? Why him? Why now?" I asked myself. 
Involuntarily, I started remembering all those happy memories. 
Each of his "I love you".
Each of his "sweetheart".
Each of his kiss.
Each of his hug.
The only thought that I couldn't see him anymore made my heart ache.
I cried until I fell asleep, holding the hoodie tight to my chest. 
When I woke up I had a terrible headache. 
I was convinced it was just a nightmare until I saw Chris's hoodie wet with my tears.
I heard a soft knock at the door, then the door slowly opened, revealing a worried Megan. 
-Did you get some sleep?- she asked, sitting next to me.
-Yeah. There are any news?- I asked, trying to stand up, but almost falling on the floor.
-Hey, hey. Sit down. Alright.- she helped me -Unlucily no, there aren't any.- she shook her head, looking away.
-Did someone call? Anyone?- I hoped.
-No, but if there are any new informations they'll call, don't worry.- she said, huggin me -Remember, I'm here and I won't go anywhere.- 
-Thank you, Meg, thank you very much.- I said, burying my face in her hair, as she stroked my back.
A few minutes later, I sat on the couch as Megan brought me a steaming cup of tea.
-Do you need anything?- she asked.
-No, thanks.- I said, taking a sip -For how long did I sleep? What time is it?- 
-Just two or three hours. It's almost 7 pm.- she sat next to me -I'll order something for tonight. Pizza's fine?- 
-Yes, it's fine.- I sighed heavily. 
The very next moment someone knocked at the door. 
-I'm going to see who it is. I'm coming!- she said, after that person knocked again. 
Megan stood up and went to the door. 
"Who'd be at this time? Maybe some news about Chris." I thought. 
I heard the door open and then I heard a voice.
-Why that pale face? It's like you've seen a ghost.- the voice asked. 
That voice. 
That damn voice. 
I immediately stood up and walked to them. 
When I saw his face I couldn't believe it. 
He was here. 
-C...Chris...?- I asked, as my hands flew to my mouth and my eyes became teary.
-Yes, sweetheart. Hey, hey. Why are you crying? What's wrong?- he asked as I rushed to hug him.
When I felt his body against mine, I understood it wasn't fake, and I hid my face into his chest, sobbing loudly.
-Your plane crashed...you...how?- she asked, shocked. 
-The plane of the 4:15 pm crashed? Oh shit.- he breathed out. 
-You...you weren't on that plane?- I asked, looking into his eyes.
-No, Seb overslept so we took the next plane at 4:45.- he explained.
-I'll call Seb later to...to thank him. I...I thought...I thought I had lost you...forever...- I said, hugging him again.
-I'll leave you two alone.- Megan said, smiling. 
-Thanks for taking care of her.- he said to her and she nodded. 
-Don't thank me. She's my friend.- 
When she left, I hugged Chris again, scared that he could disappear again.
-Hey sweetheart, I'm totally fine. I'm here.- he said, kissing me softly.
-I...I still can't believe you're here.- I smiled, kissing him again. 
-Sorry if I made you worry about me.- he said, stroking my back. 
-You're here and it's the only thing that matters now.- I cupped his face -There is one more thing I need to tell you.- I said running to the bathroom and taking the test and hiding it behind my back. 
-What is it?- he asked, confused. 
-I don't know how you will take this, but I found out today.- I said, showing him the test. 
He looked at it shocked and his gaze flicked between me and the small plastic rectangle. 
-Is...is it yours?- he asked, but I couldn't understand his tone.
-Yeah...it is.- I nodded.
-Is this some kind of joke? Please...tell me it's not.- he begged with teary eyes. 
-It's not. I'm pregnant.- I said as he hugged me and spun me around, laughing. 
-I'm gonna be a dad. I'm so happy!- he said, kissing me. 
He put me down and placed a hand on my belly. 
-I love you.- I whispered. 
-I love you too.- I said, ruffling his hair. 
We sat on the couch and I rested my head on his shoulder. 
-Just wait here for a moment.- he said, opening his suitcase and rummaging inside -Okay...I didn't planned to asked you like this but...y/n y/l/n will you make me the happiest man alive and marry me?- he asked, getting down on one knee and revealing a silver ring, with a single diamond. 
-W...what?- I asked, shocked, as my heart started beating faster -You aren't serious, are you?- 
-No, I am. I mean it. So what's your answer?- 
-You really have to ask? Yes Chris! Fuck yes!- I said, throwing my arms around his neck and kissing him, risking making him lose his balance.
-I fucking love you.- he smiled, as his forehead leaned against mine. 
-I fucking love you too.- I chuckled, looking at him in his blue eyes.