Chapter 27

When the film ended I looked up at him. 
-By the way, have you booked a room in some hotel?- I asked him. 
-No, I didn't. Not yet at least. Because I didn't know at what time I would have been here.- he explained. 
-Then don't. You can sleep here. If you want, of course.- I said, flushing a little, realising how bold I sounded. 
-I mean, if you don't mind having me around.- he smiled, shrugging. 
-We didn't see each other for almost two months. Trust me I don't mind at all.- I reassured him, patting his cheek.
-Well then I'll be more than happy to accept your offer.- he smiled, tightening the grin on my shoulders.
-Alright, then I'll have to go and buy some groceries. I'll be back in an hour or so.- I said, standing up and taking my bag and putting on a jacket.
-You can't leave me alone here.- he complained, in a kid tone -It's days that I don't go out or just walk. Please.- he begged. 
-But the paparazzi.- I remember him. 
-They think we're friends, is gonna be okay.- he gave me a reassuring smile.
-Okay, okay. You can come. But at one condition. You're cooking the lunch.- I said. 
-Yes. Thank you- he smiled -No problem. I'm cooking my best dish.- he said excitedly, like he had the most brilliant idea. 
-What are you gonna cook, chef Evans?- I asked, genuinely curious. 
-Don't know if you've ever had pesto eggs, but if you haven't you're missing out.- he said, standing up.
-Nope, never had them. I guess there is a first time for everything.- I shrugged, smiling. 
-Yeah, I guess you're right. Then let's go.- 
-What if we also take some ice cream?- I asked. 
-Cookies and cream flavour?- he asked, in a childish tone. 
-Absolutely yes.- I nodded, smiling amused by his behaviour.
I loved this side of him.
-You should wear this. Just in case, y'know.- he said, taking a cap from his suitcase -I saw it and thought about you
I hope you like it.- 
-Thank you, Chris. It's beautiful.- I said, kissing softly his lips and putting it on.
When we left my flat, he took a key from his pocket and opened the car door of his black car. 
On our way to the supermarket we sang some Disney songs, trying to make up the time we had lost. 
Arriving at the supermarket he stopped the car, in the parking area.
We took a shopping cart and entered the building, hoping to not find too many people. 
-For pesto eggs we need eggs, pesto, cheese and oil.- he said, scanning the receipt mentally.
-No, I would never imagine that.- I said, ironically, making him laugh a little. 
-Very funny, y/l/n.- he said, rolling his eyes. 
-Sorry Evans, sorry.- I patted his shoulder.
-Should we buy some beers too?- he asked, passing in front of a beer stand. 
-Sure if you want.- I shrugged, taking a pack of ice-cream.
-I think we got everything we need.- he said, scanning the full shopping cart. 
-I think so too.- I smiled. 
I never liked going out and buying stuff, having to interact with people, mean people sometimes, but I oddly enjoyed doing it with Chris. 
We tried to be as quick as possible, because we didn't want to bump into some fans or paparazzi. 
We paid for our groceries and came back to the car. 
While we were putting the bags in the car, Chris sighed a little.
I looked at him confused. 
-Paparazzi.- he simply said.
-Just act normal. Let's finish here with the bags then we're going to cook.- I said. 
-Mhmh, yeah.- he nodded. 
We finished adjusting the bags then we came back to my flat. 
Dodger barked, visibly happy to see that his owner didn't abandon him again. 
Chris picked the ingredients from the bags and went into the kitchen, followed by me and the dog. 
I looked at him while he cooked, humming some unknown melody. 
-Need a hand with something?- I asked, sitting down in front of him. 
-No, thanks. No wait, there is something actually.- he said, looking at me -Can you open me a beer, please?- he asked.
-Of course.- I said, taking a beer and bottle opener and opening it.
I handed it to Chris, who gave a smile and a kiss on the forehead. 
-Thanks sweetheart.- he said, bringing the bottle to his mouth and drinking. 
At that nickname I flushed a little. 
-You're...you're welcome.- I stammered, trying not to sound awkward. 
-Are you okay?- he asked, seeing my expression. 
-Yeah, yeah.- I nodded, a little too convinced. 
-You blushed for the nickname, didn't you?- he grinned, amused by my reaction. 
-No, I did not.- I crossed my arms, looking away. 
-Do you like it, sweetheart?- he asked, scrunching his nose a little -Or do you prefer princess?- he smirked. 
I had completely lost my words and my heart was racing like it never did before. 
-The...the first is fine.- I babbled, blushing. 
I stood up, walking to the kitchen sink, taking a glass and filled it with water.
I drank the contents, trying to calm down my heart. 
-If you feel uncomfortable with me calling you that just tell me, ok?- he asked, as I sat down at the table. 
-Yeah, yeah. But I don't feel uncomfortable at all, trust me...- I said -It's almost the opposite.- I added more quietly. 
-Ok, good. Just checking.- he smiled, shifting his gaze on the pan. 
-Thank you.- I said, after a moment later, when none of us were talking. 
-For what?- he asked, not turning around. 
-For making sure I'm comfortable. Not all guys do that.- I said sincerely. 
-Oh, then I guess you have to thank my mother for how she raised me.- he shrugged. 
-Yes, that too. But this isn't something you can teach. You can't teach people how to care about others. It has to come from you, naturally.- I said. 
-That's right too.- he said, turning off the stove fire -Here's your lunch. I hope you like it.- he said, putting some eggs on the plates. 
-Thanks.- I smiled, as he sat on the chair too.
I ate the first bite and it was very tasty. 
-So how is it? Do you like it?- he asked. 
-Yes. It's so good, babe.- I said, taking another bite, he widened his eyes for a second, only in that moment I realised what I had said -I'm sorry. I didn't mean to...- 
-It's okay, don't worry sweetheart. I like it.- he smiled, taking a bite of his eggs -Eat, before they become cold.- 
I nodded, smiling at him, and we continued eating, chatting and laughing.