Chapter 25

The next morning I was woken up by something cold and wet on my face.
When I opened my eyes I was Dodger licking my face. 
-Goodmorning buddy. Slept well?- I asked him yawning as he barked in reply -Yes, yes. Let's go and have breakfast.- I nodded, while he wagged his tail. 
We ate, then I quickly dressed myself. 
-C'mon buddy, let's go. I need to go to work. And I'll introduce you to Megan. She's my friend. She's nice, you'll like her.- I said, adjusting his leash.
Dodger and I walked to the studio and when we entered, Megan immediately let out a little scream of excitement, which made the poor dog flinch in fear. 
-Is that Dodger? Chris's dog?- she asked, approaching him. 
-Yeah.- I nodded -It's okay, buddy, she didn't mean to scare you.- I said, petting him, trying to reassure him. 
-I'm sorry Dodg. I was just so excited.- she knelt next to him. 
He let her pet him, then he licked her hand.
-He likes you.- I said, smiling at both of them.
-But why is he here?- she asked -Is Chris here too?- she flicked her gaze to me and the door. 
-No, he's not.- I said, standing up -He's filming his new film and he had left Dodger with Scott, his brother. But yesterday at the last moment Scott had to be on set and I proposed Chris to leave him with me. So yesterday afternoon Scott brought me this cutie.- I said. 
-He trusts you that much to let you look after his dog. And you know how he means to Chris.- she pointed out, smiling softly. 
-Yeah, I know. I was quite surprised too, to be honest.- I shrugged -But I'm pretty happy about it. Yesterday wasn't exactly a nice day.- 
-Why? What happened?- she looked worried at me.
-I just saw some not really nice comments about me and Chris...and I started thinking that I'm...I'm not enough for him.- I whispered, looking away. 
-Oh no, y/n/n. I'm sorry.- she said, hugging me -Don't think about those comments. If Chris chose you and not them it means you're special. They're just jealous. Okay?- she smiled warmly at me.
-Mhmh, okay.- I nodded -How do you handle those comments?- I asked her, as we sat on the couch. 
-The first period was pretty difficult, I'm not gonna lie. But I learned how to not let them hurt me and that eventually they'll understand that if he's happy with someone else they should let him live his life.- she explained, placing a hand over my shoulder -Anyway you're amazing that's why Chris chose you.- she smiled. 
-Thanks Meg. I needed that.- I hugged her again.
-You're welcome.- she rubbed my back. 
-By the way you're amazing too. Aaron is very lucky.- 
-Thank you. But we should work now or boss won't be happy about it.- she said.
-You're right. Alright Dodg, be a good boy and sit there. If you'll be good later we'll go for a walk.- I said as he sat down, barking in approval -Thanks buddy.- 
-He's very obedient.- she said, very surprised. 
-Yeah. Chris raised him right.- I smiled, sitting at my desk. 
Me and Megan worked the whole morning and, when lunchtime arrived, we decided to take a break and bring out Dodger for a walk. 
-So you met his brother?- she asked, swallowing a bite of her sandwich. 
-Yeah. I think I made a good first impression. And also, from what he said, Chris talked to him about me.- I said taking a sip of my drink and telling her what Scott told me. 
-That's a way to say "my brother is madly in love with you but I can't tell you or he would kill me".- she smiled, giving me a knowing look. 
-"Madly in love" is a bit too much.- I said, putting down the glass on the table. 
-You are saying this because you didn't see how he looked at you. Trust me.- she said -Am I right, Dodg?- she asked the dog, who barked twice -I known I am.- she nodded -By the way, when will Chris finish the filming?- 
-He said around three week.- I shrugged, sighing -What about Aaron? When will he come?- I asked her. 
-He will finish filming in a couple of days, then he'll come here and we'll spend some time together, hopefully without fans or paparazzi. Maybe he would also ask me to be officially his girlfriend.-
-I'm sure he will do it.- I said, trying not to smile too much. 
In the last period Aaron had texted me multiple times to ask me Megan's favourite flower, her size for rings, her favourite place, just to be sure that she would have liked it when he would have asked her to make their relationship official. 
-I almost forgot. The other day I was on video call with Aaron and mum wasn't home.- she started her story -She told me that she wanted to go out for a walk, since she stayed home for days because of her leg and I thought that she would stay out for longer. Around less than ten minutes later I heard the door opening and mum walked in.- 
-Oh no.- I gasped, widening my eyes -So they met?- 
-Yeah. She liked him almost immediately. But she recognised him so she started to tell him how infatuated I was.- she said blushing embarrassed. 
-And you didn't record it? Damn it. I would have liked to see that.- I laughed.
-Hey, don't laugh. It was embarrassing, okay?- she said, covering her face with her hands. 
-I bet it was.- I patted her shoulder. 
-Let's stop talking about this. We should come back to work.- she said, looking at the hour on her phone.
-You're right. Let's go. Come on Dodg.- I said, as we stood up.