Chapter 21

Me and Chris spent the whole afternoon cuddling, playing with Dodger and enjoying the few hours left before my departure.
He had told me that he would have accompanied me at the airport, just for him to be sure that nothing would have happened to me.
In any case, my flight was at 12 am, so there were not supposed to be too many people or paparazzi to catch us.
-Okay. I think I took everything.- I said closing my suitcase and trying to remember what I had brought with me.
-Ready to go?- he asked, looking at the time.
-Mhmh. Ready.- I said looking around.
I wasn't ready at all to leave him.
-Then let's go.- he smiled, taking my suitcase.
I said goodbye to Dodger then we got in the car.
Arriving in the front of the airport, he parked the car.
-I guess it's better if we say goodbye here, before someone sees us.- I said looking out of the car window.
The sky was dark and cloudless, the stars and the moon were clearly visible.
-Yeah, it's better.- he said, stroking my face gently and kissing me.
He smiled, taking my hand in his.
-I should go.- I said, smiling sadly at him.
He looked around then, at me.
-Yeah there is no way I'm letting you go alone. I'll accompany you. Let's go.- he said, going out of the car and taking my suitcase.
-Chris but...- he said, trying to protest.
-No but. Let's go.- he smiled -You should wear these.- he said, giving me his sunglasses.
-Alright.- I smiled softly, don't wanting to fight him.
We walked to the gate and we saw some people whispering and taking their phones.
-Fuck...- he said, under his breath.
-Fans or paparazzi?- I asked him.
-Not sure. Maybe fans. But the photos will go viral anyway.- he said -I really hate my job sometimes.-
-Think that you made smile a thousand persons for day.-
-You're right, sorry. I'm just not so happy about leaving you.- he said, making a step closer.
-Don't come closer or the media will talk.- I whispered.
-Right, sorry.- he handed me my suitcase.
-Now I really need to go.- I said looking at the time.
-Alright. Please text me when you get home, will you?- he smiled worriedly.
-I will, don't worry.- I smiled at him -I'll miss you. Bye.-
-I'll miss you.- he smiled back, waving at me.
My heart ached when I started walking to the check-in.
I got on the plane and I decided to watch "Not another teen movie" just because Chris was in it, but he refused to watch it with me because in his opinion it was "too embarrassing for him", only when I started watching the movie I understood what he meant.
When the plane landed, I took my suitcase and when I got out of the airport, I saw Megan waiting for me.
-Hey y/n.- she said, hugging me.
-Hi Meg. I missed you.-
-I missed you too, dumbass. How was his birthday? Was he happy?- she asked as we sat in the car and I quickly sent Chris a text that I had arrived and Megan was with me.
-Well, yeah. He liked my surprise...- I said blushing a little.
-Did something happen?- she said, widening her eyes.
-No.- I replied immediately, then I mentally cursed myself for my speed in response.
-Something definitely happened. So spill the tea.- she said, stopping her car in front of my house.
-Okay, yeah. Maybe something happened.- I said, flushing.
-Did you kiss?!- she screamed, smiling.
-Maybe a little more than that.- I answered, smiling embarrassed.
-Did you fuck?!- she screamed even more, in shock.
-Don't scream...but yes. We also spoke about our feelings. We both like eachother.- I said, looking down.
-Are you dating now?- she asked, calming down.
-Not really. It's like a...a trial period. Let's see how it goes.- I explained.
-See? I told you he had feelings for you. And you didn't even want to believe me.- she said, sounding pleased by herself.
-Yeah, yeah. You were right. Are you happy now?- I asked.
-More than happy.- she hummed.
-Well, it's better if I go now. I'll come to work later. Just the time to undo my suitcase.- I said, opening the car door.
-Okay, I'll wait for you there. I wanna know the details about your night with Captain America.- she grinned.
-I won't say anything.- I said, sticking my tongue out.
-You're no fun. See ya later.- she said, turning on her car and going away.
I stepped in my house and I left my suitcase in my room.

Chris ♡

Hey Chris.
I just arrived home.
Just wanted to let you know.

Hey y/n/n.
Glad you made it.
Any kind of problems?

Nope, not one, luckily.
Apart from the kids crying and people snoring.

That's good, hahaha.
Can I call you or you're busy?

I'm totally free.
Go on :)

The very next moment on my screen appeared the notification of Chris's video call.
-Hey there.- he smiled.
-Hello. You already miss me, Evans?- I asked, smirking.
-Maybe. Who knows?- he shrugged.
-Dodger, buddy, bark twice if you dad misses me.- I said seeing the dog on his owner's lap, he barked twice -I see. Thanks buddy.-
-Hey. Dodger, you are supposed to be on my side.- he said, in a fake angry tone.
-By the way I miss you too, Chris.- I smiled softly.
-I'm happy to hear it.- he smiled.
-Anyway remembered that you told me not to watch one of your movies?-
-"Not another teen movie", yeah. Why?- he asked, as I lowered my gaze -You didn't. Tell me you didn't.- he said, blushing.
-Sorry. It was too tempting. It was good though.- I smiled -Whipped cream.- I teased him.
-Let's not talk about it, alright?- he asked.
-You're safe. For now.- I smirked.
-Anyway you took something of mine.- he said smiling.
-What is it?- I asked, confused, looking at him.
-My heart.- he said, smirking mischievously.
-That was so cheeky, Evans.- I said smiling and blushing.
-But you loved it. You're red and you're smiling.-
-Alright. I admit it.- I said, nodding.