twenty-three

"why can't we go to your house!?" el exclaims, "you've been to mine, it's only fair."

"val, we just can't. my dad is there." mike sighs quietly as he drives her car.

she leans back on the seat and huffs, "what? he's a psycho?"

"yes. el, we just can't go." he says quietly, "we could go somewhere else. where do you wanna go?"

"i don't know. let's drive to chicago or something." she mutters, "and spend the night?" he asks, "that'll be fun."

she nods, "yeah, let's go. it's not far and we could go to a hotel and all that."

"that sounds like a plan, doll. let's go home and pack clothes and shit." he agrees as she nods, "drop yourself off at your house and then i'll come pick you up because we are not going to chicago on a motorcycle."

he lets out a laugh, "that would be fun though, wouldn't it?"

"it would not!" she shoves his arm lightly as he smirks and focuses on the road.

*

"ew, is this chicago?" el questions, "i feel like i haven't been here in ages. it looks ew."

mike let's out a loud snort, "it is kind of ew. come on, let's find a good as hell hotel, drop our shit off and explore the place."

"there's this hotel up on main or something. we could go there." she suggests as she taps on her phone.

"sure thing." he nods and drives there as she answers a call, "chiudi quella cazzo di bocca e non chiamarmi più! (shut the fuck up and don't call me again!)"

"no, ascoltami! ti odio! non avevi il diritto di parlami in quel modo e comportarti come se mi possedessi! (no, you listen to me, i hate you! you had no right to speak to me like and act as if you own me!)" she shouts into the phone loudly as she throws her head back in annoyance.

"è la mia vita, posso fare quello che voglio! DIO, MI FAI VENIRE VOGLIA DI UCCIDERMI! (it is my life, i can do whatever i please! god, you make me want to kill myself!)" she screams and throws her phone against the dashboard of the car.

"brother?" mike questions as she nods and runs a hand through her hair.

"you good?" he asks as she rolls her eyes, "i want to stick a crowbar up his motherfucker ass and watch it go through it damn brain."

he laughs and shakes his head.

arriving at the hotel, he goes to open the car door but someone there opens it for them.

he nods at the man who worked there and circled the car to open the door for el. she smiles up at him quickly and exits the car with his help as he closes the door for her.

they then go to get their stuff that was in the trunk and then a valet goes to greet them, "may i help park your car for you?"

el nods as mike hands the man her keys, "can you like park it out here for now?" mike asks, seeing a few spots on the open area.

the man nods, "i will park it here. may i have your names?"

"ms valentina." el answers and walks past him without an other word. mike follows and wraps an arm around her waist, "you use your middle name?"