twenty-five

"you're on in 10 minutes, val. you're first up." a crew reminds el as she nods, "one quick call and i'll be there." she holds up a finger as the crew member nods and walks away.

she goes to facetime lucifer and places the phone up against the mirror as he answers, "you got time calling me, aren't you supposed to be getting ready?"

she smiles and nods before standing up, "how do i look? do you remember who i'm modelling for?"

"yes, prada." he smiles, seeing her long black dress, "you look amazing, mio amore. sei bello, incredibile anche. (you're beautiful, stunning even.)"

"thank you, luce. i have to go, i need to call dad." she smiles and leans down to her phone as he nods, "i'll be watching."

she waves and hangs up and goes to facetime hopper since she promised she would.

"kid." he smiles once the line connects.

"dad! hi! i can't talk for long but i wanted to say hi first. look!" she stands back and motions to her outfit, "i'm stunning as usual."

"you are, kid. how's new york?" he asks as she gives him a thumbs up, "great dad. i'm staying for a month and all that, you should come visit before i head back to italy."

"nah, i'm too old to fly on a plane. you come visit me." he chuckles as she nods, "i will, i promise you."

he smiles, "that's good to hear."

"i miss you." she murmurs, "i'll visit you in no time."

"oh kid, don't rush it. you're a busy woman now." he lets out a laugh, "you can visit me anytime."

she nods, "have you been getting my money? i sent you this months just yesterday."

"kid, you really don't have to—"

"it's fine, dad. you took care of me, and now it's my turn. look, i have to go now but you use the money and you treat yourself good." she points a finger before waving, "i love you."

"i love you more, kiddo." he blows a kiss before she hangs up.

"valentina, you're up." someone shouts as she places her phone away quickly before hurrying away.

she had an agency she worked with to help her start to be a model. but she didn't want a manager and all that to control her.

so she has people to help her but not like someone to control her every move.

lucifer helped with that. because a woman yelled at her when she spoke of the matter but ended up in the hospital for a week the next day.

"how do i look? is my makeup fine?" she asks the man that helps with people backstage.

"you look great. you're on in 3. you'll be fine." he reassures her as she fluffs up her hair and nods.

"3, 2, 1." he says as she lets out a breath and starts to walk out.

after two years of modelling, she still gets the nerves once she hits the runway. maybe it was because everyone was staring at her or maybe it was because she was always afraid to trip.