thirty-five

"milo, no." el points a finger at him as he whines through the gap of the door, "milo, baby, i am partying in my little chase atlantic party in my room after weeks of getting no party. and i'm on live, my love. can you go find lucifer in the other room?"

he whines again as she sighs, "i'll go find you later. i'm so sorry, milo."

he tilts his head at her and then slowly walks away.

she sighs out, "i'll go snuggle later with you later!" she cries and then shuts the door. she walks back over to the bed, laying down on her stomach as she picks up her phone.

dancer in the dark by chase atlantic was now blasting through her speaks into the room, her red LED lights turned on and will occasionally change to blue and back to red.

she squints her eyes at her phone as she hums silently to the song.

oh baby, maybe it's that look in your eyes
they been telling me she wanna leave

"she be dancing with the devil all night." she sings quietly and reads some comments.

"what's your real name?" she reads and laughs, "valentina is my real name just not my first?"

she turns on her back, holding her phone up in the air and she shakes head to the song, "she got a smile on her face and a knife in her hand. she don't look too sane when she acts like that." she giggles to herself as the door opens.

"dancer in the dark?"

she sits up quickly, "mike! what are you doing here!?" she stands up, resting the phone by her cup holder on her desk before going to give him a hug.

he shuts the door with his foot and rests his head on hers, "how's life back home now?"

"lovely. do you like the vibe of my room?" she questions with a innocent smirk as he nods and pecks her neck, "love it." he whispers as the song changes to paradise by chase atlantic.

she smiles widely as he does the same, "you still really into this song as well? i remember you blasting it every second of everyday for a week straight."

she chuckles and cups his cheeks before leaning down against his face where he pecks her forehead.

and she walks down
i noticed how she does it for real now

and she talks loud
she's telling me what i wanna hear now
is it real now?

how do i know for sure?

"she's always hanging with the wrong guys." he whispers and holds her hips as they slowly.

she smiles widely. "she's caught up in lights, you know, the big kind." she looks up into his eyes

"if i make it right, then we can leave time." he continues and looks at her the way he used to when they listen to this song.

like he is speaking the exact lyrics.

so she replies, "i know i said it before. yeah, it just sounds nice." she turns around whilst holding his hand and leans back into his touch as he leans down since he was taller.