epilogue

el sat on couch, her youngest curled up on her chest with a pacifier in his mouth as she worked on her phone.

her son, kaz, who was barely a year old, loved to just lay on her chest in silence. he liked attention every once in a while but he wasn't craving it all the time.

sometimes he just liked to lay there with his mom.

"mommy?" a young girl walks into the living room of the large house.

they moved back to italy to el's childhood home just a few years ago. it was bigger and all their children's could have their own room and space to play in.

"hi sweetheart." el smiles at her.

krystella, her oldest, who was only four, lives in her own world most of the time. she was basically mike. always bossing people around and then works on things on her own.

but she treats her two younger siblings with a lot of love and care just like mike would.

"can i play? in the garden?" she asks as el nods, "of course, princess. be careful out there though."

her daughter smiles and nods before walking through the living room and out to the large field backyard.

"time for your nap, don't you think?" el whispers to her son as he looks up at her without responding.

she sets her phone down, holding her arm under his body to support him as her other hand supports his head.

slowly, his eyes close and then snaps open again once he realises he's falling asleep.

she chuckles, walking out to the circular stairs that could go up from both sides and heads to his nursery room.

placing him down in his crib, she takes out the pacifier and strokes his curly raven hair, "goodnight, my love. ti amo."

he babbles quietly, "night...." he whispers in a mumble.

she smiles, pressing a kiss to his forehead before exiting the room. she then makes her way down the hall and to mike's office where he should be at the moment.

opening the door quietly, she sees mike working by his desk, concentrating deeply at the contracts in front of him. her eyes trail down to the ground through the desk and sees her other daughter clinging to his leg with a pacifier in her mouth and pigtails in.

she smiles softly and walks in, "what are you working on, my love?"

her daughter perks up, "mama!" she cries through the pacifier.

her daughter, lucina, who was only two years old and who was really really clingy. always needing kisses and cuddles and attention.

in other words, a mike when drunk.

el circles the desk, kneeling down and opens her arms for her daughter to climb on her, "are you helping daddy with work?"

she nods, "help."

el smiles, kissing her cheek and bounces her a bit, "i thought you said you didn't need too work much?"