thirty-four

"what are you doing, val? you're not supposed to be out of bed without help." mike groans and sits up tiredly, "and it looks early as fuck."

"i took pictures of you sleeping." she shows him the phone, "and videos too and i posted it on tiktok."

"you little cunt." he snarls as she smiles teasingly at him and takes a selfie with him in the background, "that's going on instagram. my story so hopefully that feels better for you."

"val, bed." he says, "you're injured and i don't need you getting more hurt."

she frowns and makes her way back to the bed. he moves the covers up for her and she crawls in to cuddle up to him, "you sleep funny. i have a lot of photos of you."

"i sleep normal." he says as she snorts, "you smush your face."

he grabs her cheeks, "like this?" he squeezes her cheeks together as she laughs, "go away!" she moves back from him as he grins, "i'll help you to the bathroom. then i'll call someone to get you some food."

she nods, "fine, alright. treat me like a baby."

"i'm treating you like a fucking princess." he states, pulling her into his arms as he stands up.

"are you now?" she wraps her arms and legs around him as he nods proudly, "i am."

he places her on the counter of the sink and then he shuts the door with his foot lazily. he bends down, trying to find some toothbrushes and toothpaste before standing up again to see her poking the side of her head weirdly.

"the fuck you doing?" he asks, "seeing if my bandage thingie will come off. or if my stitches break." she answers him.

he snorts, "you stupid little shit." he hands her a toothbrush, "c'mon, get clean."

she smiles cheekily at him and snatches the toothpaste from his hands before she starts to brush her teeth.

he copies her action and she goes to place a hand on his head before she pulls onto his hair, "still fun, i see." he says as she grins.

once she finishes she spits in the sink, "i wonder if my brother will take milo to visit later."

he spits into the sink, "you love that goat too much."

"i do and?" she asks with a smirk as he shakes his head and threads his fingers through her hair, "nothing."

she nods and pats his head before putting the toothbrush down in the cup and tells him to do the same.

"so now what?" she questions as he shrugs and pulls her back into his arms to head out, "i'll get you food and then we could watch a movie afterwards."

"but we did that yesterday!" she whines as he nods, "well you're in the hospital and there's not much you can do." he says as he sets her down on the bed again.

"i wanna go home!" she cries and lays down on the bed, "i miss milo shitting on peoples shoes."

"well you gotta wait a few days, doll." he reminds and pats the side of her face, "i'll go find a nurse or something to grab you some food and send it up."