twenty-eight

"i don't want lunch. what part of not hungry do you not understand?" el asks as she crosses her arms and leans against the door of the car to move away from lucifer.

"el. i saw you work your ass off in our gym this morning and skip breakfast. you are eating." he states as she looks out the window without responding, "i hate you." she whispers quietly and pulls on her own fingers harshly.

"go ahead. i just want what's best for you and that's final." he says sternly as she lets out a shaky breath, "stop the car." she says to ash.

"what the hell are you on about?" lucifer snarls quietly.

"ash, stop the damn car before i shoot a bullet through your bloody skull." she threatens lowly as he slowly slows down the car with jino, grey and river looking at each other with looks.

"ash, drive." lucifer demands as ash sighs and speeds up a bit.

el looks out and sees the sidewalk was on her side of the car so she unbuckles her seatbelt.

"what are you doing!?" lucifer exclaims and turns to her as she unlocks the door and grabs her purse.

"shut the damn door, that's fucking dangerous!" he shouts as she gives him a look before jumping out on the side walk and runs leftwards since the car can't move backwards.

she was in high heels but she had to run. it wasn't her first time doing it but she just rarely did it since it hurt her foot.

"eleanor!" he screams after her as she turns the corner quickly.

"oh for fucks sake!" he throws his head back and turns to jino, "go get her."

he nods and gets out of the car as well before he goes to chase after el. he knew it would be hard considering it wasn't the first time she ran away when shit got hard with her brother.

she tended to have a problem with fixing her problems. she just avoided everything and ran away when she could.

she once flew to miami in the middle of the night and lucifer woke up scared as hell.

but that time was easy though considering they just traced their card.

this day... god was it way harder.

*

"this is just lovely, it's just lovely. my sister turned her phone off, didn't use her card, nothing. this is going great!" lucifer exclaims out sarcastically before turning to jax, "did i actually go too far? i didn't right? i was just caring."

no one responds making lucifer sigh out.

"your tone hurts her." jino speaks up, "d-don't tell miss i said that."

lucifer looks back at him, "i won't. continue."

"she...." he takes a deep breath to decide on what to say and how not to say it all, "you force her, boss. to eat. imagine if you were sick and you just psychically couldn't but your closest family member was basically force feeding it to you?"

"i never force fed her!"

"not psychically. it's all in your words, boss. we all hear it..." he mutters as his eye trail off.