Part 1 || Your Journey Awaits

You didn't know how to talk, or walk. You were just created by the unknown, your new journey awaited you. When you tried to stand up you just stumbled back down. You tried again, and stumbled several more times. Until, one try, you successfully stood up. You took small steps at a time, although it was hard because of the deep snow. Your face was a light red because of the coldness. You set out for days and days, trying to seek more signs of life. You then reached a small hut. This appeared to be the last one remaining. You didn't know how to open a door, and you didn't know how to knock, so you just stood there. You turned around and sat for a while, until you saw a wolf. He seemed to have blood on his thigh, but no wound. You turned around swiftly to face the door as soon as you heard it open.

"Joaan! You finally came back! Oh, I was so worried! I knew you would never forget about me!" A boy with white hair said. He ran past you, ignoring you, to go hug the wolf. "Huh? You're a little quieter than usual. Oh, I get it! You must be tired. Let's go inside!" He said with a smile on his face. When he went back to the door, he saw you standing up. "Wait... WAIT. SOMEONE'S HERE! SOMEONE'S HERE!" He shouted, pumping his fists into the air. You followed his movements, and pumped your own fists in the air, but you remained silent. "YES! YOU MUST BE FROM THE PROMISED LAND!" he said excitedly.

"You might get a cold! Come in, follow me!" The boy said, grabbing your wrist. Soon you and the wolf sat down near the fire. The wolf went closer to the fire, and got a spark on him. He yelped in pain as he jumped back. "Joaan, how much time do I have to tell you to not get close to the fire?" He asked while he cooked. Joaan sat down, with a loud thump. The nameless boy turned to look at you. "So, what's your name? Where did you come from?" He asked while stirring the pot. You followed his hand motions by stirring your hand in the air. The nameless boy chuckled and said, "You don't have a name? Hm... I got it! I'll name you. Let's name you... Misen! Sounds like a nice name, no?" The boy said while you stared into his eyes. "You don't know how to talk either...? This is going to be hard. Ah, it's fine! I'll teach you!" He said while he handed you and Joaan the bowls of soup.

You both stared at the bowls, not knowing what to do. You then fixed your gaze on him. "So you don't know how to EAT either? Wow, now I'm wondering how you're still even alive!" He exclaimed. He then put a smile on his face. "Joaan, have you forgotten how to eat as well?" He sighed and picked up Joaan's bowl. He took the spoon out and tried to feed Joaan. Joaan ended up spitting it out. "Huh? Oh, you must not like it because it's not horndeer milk." The nameless boy said as he smiled. "Well, I can't help that. The last one died a year ago." He then picked up your bowl and your spoon. He tried to feed it to you, but you ended up spitting it out as well. 

"Wow, you guys are like twins! Have you been hanging out secretly without me?" He said while smiling. He put it in your mouth, and it just stayed there. "Here, you have to chew. Like this!" He took his own bowl, and put his spoon in his mouth. He started chewing, and you started to copy him. "Ten you habe to swawow, (Then you have to swallow)" he said with his mouth stuffed so he couldn't speak properly. After you were done chewing you swallowed it. You craved for more food and started eating like a barbarian. "Haha, you don't eat with your hands! Eat with your spoon!" He demonstrated how to eat again, and you successfully ate by yourself.

Several hours later, the fire was starting to die out. "The fire's going out. We should go to sleep before it does." He pat Joaan's head, and ruffled your head before getting into his bed. "Good night, Misen." He said before closing his eyes. You laid down on the ground, using the nameless boy's coat as a blanket. "Good... n-night," you attempted to say before drifting of to sleep.

It was the next day, and you were out side with Joaan and the nameless boy. He was chopping wood so he could light more fires and stay warm. "It's never going to dry if it keeps snowing," The boy said suddenly. "Snow," you said with no emotion. The boy nodded with a smile, "Yes, you're learning more words! Soon I'll be able to talk with you!" He cheered with happiness in his eyes. "Yes." You said while looking down. The nameless boy then changed the subject back to wood. "The wood from Auntie's place is no good," he said. "What's that? I have no right to complain when I'm taking other people's stuff?" He asked, pretending that Joaan talked to him. "Sorry. I know," he said, and continued walking. "Everyone's going to get angry when the come back," He said. "What choice do I have? I have to do this, or I'll die," the nameless boy said, smiling at his wolf. 

"Of course I believe it! It's been five years since they left!" He exclaimed, pretending that you said something. "Only five years!.. I mean, they're way past there. Way, way over there," he said while pointing past the mountains. "There's lots of food and people there. They all went because they believed that," The nameless boy said. He then fixed his gaze on you again. "And you know what? They told me that it's like paradise there," he said while ruffling your hair. "There's plenty of fish, and lots of this tasty stuff called.. 'fruit,' I think? There are tons of people who are way smarter than we are, and they all live happily everyday." He said, then he took his eyes off of you. He closed his eyes and smiled, "I'm so jealous, I wish I could've gone." He looked at Joaan. "Do you remember, Joaan? I tried to go with the grown-ups, but I couldn't, because you stopped me. You bit my leg. So they told me I had to stay behind and watch over grandma and the old folks. Isn't that awful?" He asked, and started to walk again. You followed after him.

"They said they'd be back with gifts once they found the paradise. Remember when they said that?" He kicked some snow which startled you, but he didn't notice. You all stopped at a bunch of empty stools, which used to be used for sitting. "In the end, the only ones who stayed behind were the old folks that I couldn't save... and us," you all stared at the empty stools. You were finally starting to understand him. "I understand... you. I am Misen." you said. He looked up. "You understand me? Really? Yay! I finally have someone whole can talk back! Haha, no offense Joaan!" He jumped up in the air. For the first time, you felt emotions. For the first time, you smiled. He heard something, he heard it coming from his hut. "Guys!" He ran to the hut, you and Joaan of course followed after him. He stopped at the door. He put his hand on the door knob. "Please..." he said, hoping that someone had come back for him. 

He opened the door and yelled, "Welcome home!" to only see that no one was there.