Part 34 || A New Beginning.

You were in Gugu's old bed sobbing your eyes out while Fushi was downstairs talking to Pioran and beer gramps. You haven't left Gugu's bed since his death. His old mask laid on the shelf. "Are you really going to leave, Fushi? Without Misen?" Pioran asked. "Yeah." Fushi said. "You don't have to be in such a hurry... Especially when Misen needs you. You can't just leave without her." beer gramps said. "The enemy always comes to me. I can't let her or anyone else get hurt because of it." Fushi said seriously. "What about her? Don't you think they'd follow her?" Pioran asked. Fushi shook his head. "Shin said he'd deal with the aftermath. So I don't need to be here any longer." Fushi hesitantly said.

Fushi knocked on the door, and you immediately sat up and wiped your tears. "What? Who is it?" You asked. "Fushi." Fushi responded. "Come in." You said reluctantly. Fushi came in, sitting next to you. All he said was, "I'm here." But that was enough to set you off. You embraced him into a tight hug, crying into it. You sobbed and sobbed until you couldn't breathe anymore. You sobbed into his arms until you fell asleep in them. Fushi laid you down softly, closing the door gently.

- - -

Rean awoke on a bed, and her eyes widened. "Gugu!" she remembered. She threw on her dress and shoes, running away. "What?! Lady Rean!" Rean's worker yelled out.

- - -

You woke up, rubbing your eyes. You decided that you shouldn't stay and mourn in Gugu's room any longer, so you joined Pioran and beer gramps at the dinner table. "I'm glad you decided to join us. How have things been going, Misen?" Pioran asked. You blinked back more tears and managed not to cry. You managed to put on a smile while saying, "Good. Just... hard to get over him." You all started to talk, and you decided to go back to Gugu's room.

- - -

Fushi was on the balcony, looking out. "I had a dream. It was the very epitome. Of happiness and ideals. But something was missing. And now I see that. It was my true self." Gugu said, trying to talk to Fushi. Obviously Fushi couldn't hear him.

March looked at Gugu, hiding behind a wall. "...Damn!" Fushi exclaimed when he saw Rean running towards the building. "What should I do?!" Fushi asked himself, running downstairs. He then thought about you. "No, Rean will probably know that Misen needs alone time..." Fushi said to himself. Fushi started to overthink about you, and looked at his reflection. "Damn... Looking like this..." Fushi said, panicking. "What should I do?! What should I do?!" He repeated. 

Rean burst through the door. "Gugu!" Rean exclaimed, relief evident in her voice. Fushi had taken the form of Gugu. "You're all right! I'm so happy!" Rean shouted, hugging Fushi. "Gugu! I love you!" Rean said, smiling with tears in her eyes. Fushi shakily wrapped his arms around his waist.

Why am I who I am? Fushi thought.

"Is there something wrong?" Rean asked, looking up. "No... Nothing's wrong..." Fushi said, grabbing his mask. "What about Fushi and Misen? Where are they?" Rean asked. Fushi hesitated. "Fushi... died. Misen is upstairs, I don't think you should bother her." Fushi said. Rean paused. "No... It can't be..." Rean said, backing up. Her face scrunched in agony.

Fushi took Rean to Gugu's grave, pretending that it was his own grave. "Here... This is his grave." Fushi said. Rean fell to her knees. "He was... So wonderfully brave." Rean said, tears falling from her eyes. Pioran and beer gramps came outside. "Come, Gugu. Leave the rest to us. You need to be going soon, right?" Pioran asked, keeping the act up. "Ah, yeah. Yeah, that's right." Fushi said. Rean looked at Fushi, tears still falling. "Where? Where are you going?" She asked.

"Umm... Well... Shopping." Fushi lied. "I... I'll go too." Rean said, smiling while wiping her tears. "Don't worry about it, Rean. Another time." Pioran interjected. "Oh! In that case, I'll go see Misen. She probably needs comforting." Rean said. "I don't think that's a good idea, she needs alone time right now." Fushi said quickly. "Then... When you come back... Let's go pick flowers together! There, where we promised to..." Rean said, putting her hands together. "I'll be waiting for you there." Rean said, pointing to the place where they were going to go. "Yeah... Yeah!" Fushi agreed. "Hooray! I'll be waiting!" Rean exclaimed, putting her hands behind her back.

"Oh, that's right. I have something to return to you. Here. Your brother asked me to give it to you! Remember?" Rean said, handing him a ring. The ring that contained so many memories. "Ah... Rean, you should keep it. It'll remind you of Gu... me." Fushi said. Rean looked at him and smiled. "Yeah! I'm happy! Thanks!" Rean exclaimed. "Here, Gugu. Take this. Some food and money. Be careful out there." Beer gramps said, handing Gugu the food and money. "Thanks..." Fushi thanked beer gramps. "Take care of Misen for me, okay?..." Fushi whispered in beer gramps and Pioran's ears. Fushi walked away, and waved towards them. They fondly waved back as he walked away. He couldn't bare to think of you as he walked into the forest. He felt his face become wet with tears as he walked deeper.

- - -

It was now night time, Rean was now laying in the grass where Gugu had promised her to pick flowers in. "Rean?! We've been looking all over for you! As soon as you wake up you come here in the middle of the night. "Papa... I... I... Won't get married. I have someone I love." Rean confessed. "Who? I must meet him." Rean's father said. "Well... He's no longer here. He's surely... together with "them."" Rean smiled, a tear dripping down her cheek.

Fushi went off, thinking about Gugu, Rean, and most of all, you.