Part 9 || A New Place!

(Keep in mind you and Fushi are both still in your wolf forms.)

"Here!" March said, handing another berry to Fushi. "ThHAnk yoOu." Fushi then said. "Here!" March said again, handing Fushi more berries. "THhank yoooU." Fushi said again. "What a weird puppy!" March said laughing. You were laying down next to Fushi, staring at March as she handed more fruit to Fushi. You looked at her with puppy eyes. Something you were good at doing now.

"Awwwwwh! Here! Have some too!" March said, throwing more berries your way too. You quickly ate them, because you knew how much Fushi loved stealing your food. "How much longer will we be traveling?" Parona asked. "We should reach Yanome in roughly twenty days." the old woman in the carriage with them replied. "I've been wondering about this for a while, but you're a shaman of the Yanome, aren't you? Why are you in the same dirty carriage as us?" Parona asked. "Ah!" March gasped. "That's right! You did all those horrible things to March! You're the worst! Why'd you have to choose March?!" March ranted. "You were the prettiest, that's why." the old lady said smiling.

"I-I see." March said blushing. The old lady lifted her dress to show them something. Her feet were chained together. "Look." she said. Her chains clinked. "I am a criminal. They were desperate enough to enlist the help of a fake shaman to kill people." "Desperate for what?" Parona asked. "They want the abundance of the land of Ninanna. That is why they are so absorbed in Ninanna's tradition and the sacrificial ritual. By dirtying their own hands with this ritual, they clear themselves of Ninanna's suspicions. And by sending presents and thanks they give the ritual an air of heroism. 'O people of Ninanna, how well you have devoted yourselves to the betterment of all people on this earth'! The goal that lies beyond that dynamic is psychological conquering and domination." the old woman explained.

March continued feeding you and Fushi. "I wasn't aware... It's unpleasant that all this arose from one word of a tradition. Yet I feel that the fact that this ritual already existed is even more abhorrent..." Parona replied back to the old woman. "They are antiquated adults. They are indifferent to the souls of the suffering."

Parona flashbacked to her past and shook her head. "Why hasn't anyone ever pointed out how weird it is?" Parona asked, brows furrowed. "We need to stop this backwards practice as soon as possible." "The old people of the Ninanna won't believe you if you tell them God is dead." the old woman said. "God..." Parona mumbled. "Ah! Aah! No! No!" March screamed. "What happened?" Parona asked. Parona turned her head to look at Fushi, who was now peeing on the floor. She then looked at you, who was watching Fushi also. "Uwah, it's flowing this way--" "Ow!" "It's wet and stinky!" everyone was screaming. "What's with the noise?" the guard driving the carriage mumbled. You, Fushi, (in your wolf forms), Parona, March, and the old woman were bathing in the lake.

"The sun will set soon, so finish up." Hayase said. "Ah, wait a bit!" March said hurriedly. "Let me wash the doggies too!" March said, grabbing you and Fushi's leashes. "This way. That's right. It's cold, but have courage!" March said, leading you both into the water. Fushi licked the water as you fully submerged your legs into it. You started to leap around in the water, playing with it. It was your first time playing with water, and you enjoyed it.

"Haha, silly doggy! Look at her go!" March said, clapping her hands. Fushi looked at his reflection in the water.

"Don't ever...

forget...

about me..."

(By the way the nameless boy, rather Kosetsu, isn't dead. Fushi just had a flashback.) Fushi fell into the water, now in his human form. "WHA-" Parona said. "Oh!" the old lady exclaimed. You looked up at Fushi, who was now in his human form. You decided you wanted to be in your human form too, so you changed into it. You then slipped and fell into the water as well. "It was you guys all along...!" March exclaimed. She pulled you both into a hug. "I wanted to meet you, Fushi, Misen!" "Hey, March!" Parona said. "You know those two?!" "Yeah! They're Fushi and Misen!" March exclaimed. "It's about time to go." Hayase said, looking at you three. Hayase tugged on you and Fushi's leashes, and you fell back into the water, landing on your butt. Fushi shook his head, tugging the leash.

"Please refrain from resisting." Hayase said, talking to Fushi. "Fushi, Misen! Come with March!" March said excitedly. Fushi continued to shake his head, still tugging on the leash. He then stopped. "Good job! Let's teach you both how to use the bathroom too." March said, leading you both away. "They seem to be attracted to March." Parona said. "So it seems." the old woman said, drying herself.

- - -

"Their names are Misen and Fushi...?" Parona asked. "Where did they come from?" She asked again. "Don't know, but they were in the forest! They're so much older than March, but they're really just kids! So that's why March became their mama!" March said proudly. "Hmmm... should we accept this? They could be demons." Parona said, unsure. "Demons? March doesn't care." March said, falling into you and Fushi's laps. "Yet not being able to die must be unfortunate. I feel like people's lives have a use to them. In living infinitely, what meaning will he find in living?" Parona asked. "Meaning...?" March asked. "Ah--" Parona said nervously. "I'm sorry, March. It's wrong to look for meaning in life and death. Fushi looked up, and you looked at him.

March put her hand on Parona's shoulder and said, "March doesn't know what you're saying, but right now, March is very happy!" Parona looked at her and smiled. 

- - -

Hayase handed them new clothes. "Wear this. They're new clothes. Yanome clothes." She explained. "You brought some for Fushi and Misen too." March said happily. "I'll put them on for you." March said. March took your shirt off. "Hey Fushi! Quit staring! That's rude!" March exclaimed, turning Fushi away as she unclasped your bra. She put a new bra on for you and new clothes. Then she changed Fushi "What will happen to us now?" Parona asked. "From today onwards, you are no longer the daughters of the Ninanna. You are March and Parona of the Yanome." 

"We've arrived. This is the country of Yanome." Hayase said. You all looked over the gleaming lights of the city. You all walked through the city of Yanome together. Hayase, of course, still had you all on leashes. Your dress was similar to Fushi's, but it looked more like a short traditional kimono, but you had the same hat on as Fushi did. Fushi and you looked in awe at everything you saw. "Look, big sis! There's a bunch of tasty-looking stuff!" March said. "Mmm... it smells good..." March continued. "This way, Fushi and Misen!" March shouted, running towards the smell. Fushi ran towards the smell with March, but you just walked over. Hayase tugged on all of your leashes. "Ugh!" March grunted. Hayase tugged really hard, so you don't know how March and Fushi didn't fall. But you fell. Straight on your butt.

"Hey, that's not nice!" March shouted, racing towards you. She immediately helped you up and brushed the dirt off of your dress. "Please do not act recklessly. If there is something you'd like to eat, do say so, and I will let you eat it." Hayase said, ignoring the fact that you fell. "R-really?!" March exclaimed, while Fushi put his mouth on the food and took a bite out of it. You then took another piece of the food, and started to eat it. The vendor looked shocked. "Apologies. They're with me." Hayase said. "Ahh! Yes! A discount for Hayase-sama?" the vendor said quickly. March smiled and Parona had a quick flashback.

"Sis, you were surely laughing then-- isn't that so?"  Parona thought, thinking about her now gone friend. "That's why I

will not let go to waste

the life you've given me."

 Parona said, looking at the big city before her eyes.