Part 27 || We Grew.

"Here... I'm giving you one of my most favorite dresses. My parents won't let me wear it though, since it's not our family color... And when you wake up, I'll let you pick a bracelet or necklace from my jewelry box. I hope you wake up soon..." Rynn said, setting down a beautiful dress down onto your bed.

Turns out, you did wake up soon. Just in time for Gugu to have made food. You stood up and sae the dress there, so you put it on along with your black tights, white leg warmers, and brown fluffy boots.

"Here. Food's ready." Gugu said, holding plates of food. You came through the doorway and everyone looked at you. "YAY! SHE'S AWAKE!" Rynn exclaimed, flinging herself into your arms. You were shocked at first, but slowly graced your arms over her waist to hug her. "Oh! I see you're wearing the dress I gave you!" Rynn said happily. "Rynn! Why would you give her that dress?! It was very expensive and is very valuable!" Rynn's father said. "And why shouldn't I give it to her? You'll never let me wear it since it's not green." Rynn argued, putting her hands on her hips. "I suppose that's true..." Rynn's father muttered.

"Ah! I almost forgot! Here, pick anything you want from here." Rynn said, opening her jewelry box for you. You looked around, not really know what the jewelry was used for, and you picked a red bead bracelet. "Really? Are you sure? That's one of the ugliest bracelets I have!" she protested. "Yes." you said. You felt connected to this bracelet for some reason. "Alright..." Rynn said, slipping the bracelet onto your left wrist. You smiled at her.

"Let's dig in!" Pyoran yelled. "That's our Gugu!" beer gramps shouted. "Phew! I'm not gonna leave behind a single crumb!" Pyoran said. Pyoran and beer gramps then started to stuff their face. "Oh that's good! That's good stuff! Your cooking really is the best, Gugu!" Pyoran praise Gugu. "Thanks for coming back, Gugu! Th-this means you'll forgive me, right?!" beer gramps asked hopefully. "No, I don't forgive you." Gugu said. Beer gramps's face dropped.

"So I'm not going to call you "booze man" anymore. From now on, it's gonna be "asshole booze man"." Gugu said. Beer gramps looked shocked, also upset. "But you did save my life once. So I'll leave out the "asshole" part and just call you "booze man"." Gugu said. "G-Gugu!" booze man cried, tears of joy. "Hey! That is no way to speak to your elders, son!" Rynn's father scolded Gugu. "I-I'm sorry." Gugu apologized. "Say, honey... that boy is a pretty good cook. He's more skilled than our  cook anyway." Rynn's mother said to Rynn's father. "Truly unbelievable!" Rynn's father said.

You looked around, not seeing Fushi anyway. "Where Fushi?" you asked Rynn. "Oh, I don't know..." Rynn said, thinking. "Say, Gugu, where is Fushi?" Rynn asked. "I asked him to draw the water. He'll be here soon." Gugu explained. 

- - -

You walked out to see Fushi holding a gourd, with a serious expression. "Ah, so you've arrived, Misen." the black hooded man said. You walked over to Fushi. "Fushi, Misen, you must leave this place." the black hooded man said. "Why?" Fushi asked. You hid behind Fushi. "There is a way to grow even stronger. Do not stay in the same place." the black hooded man explained. "Don't know... what you mean." Fushi said, confused. ""Nokkers." That is what I have chosen to call them. They are beings that knock upon the door of paradise, plotting its destruction. They learn. Since they lost this time, they will take measures to ensure they defeat you the next. In your current state, you have no chance of victory against them. You will have your contents stolen, and Fushi, you will return to moss or stone, like you did this time. Misen... I created you so that you would only have this human form. Who knows what would happen if you got all of your forms taken away? What would you become? Don't you both understand that?" the black hooded man asked

"Gugu will defeat the enemies. Gugu strong." you said, confidently and a little angrily. "Me and Misen... need Gugu. Me and Gugu need Misen. Won't leave them." Fushi said. "Very well. If you wish to see his end, I will not stop you." the black hooded man said. "Fushi? Misen?" Gugu asked, coming out. You stomped back into the house angrily. "Geez, what's wrong with her? And what were you both doing here talking to yourselves? That's not like you guys." Gugu said. "You can't see." Fushi said, trying to explain how Gugu can't see the black hooded man. "See what?" Gugu asked. "Look, just come in. Everyone was eating without you guys. I'll ask Misen what's wrong later, or if Rynn notices, she can ask Misen. They're becoming closer now." Gugu said, going inside. 

- - -

"Huh?! You're going home?!" Gugu shouted with you and Fushi behind him. "Yes. I owe you a lot for all you've done." Rynn said. You sucked your bottom lip in. "A-are you sure? Um... what about your parents...?" Gugu asked. "Well, they're not going to budge one bit until I go home with them. Plus... I don't care anymore... about my own circumstances." Rynn said, smiling. "It looks like we got one thing in common. The people that keep us going are not necessarily good people. But we aren't so weak we that we can't bear it." Gugu said.

"Farewell." Rynn's mother said. "See you later! Sir! Ma'am! Fushi! Mr. Clerk!" Rynn waved goodbye. "Huh?! Mr. Cle-" Gugu said, shocked, but getting cut off by Rynn. "I'm just kidding... Gugu." Rynn said. Gugu blushed. Rynn walked over to you and grabbed your hands. "I've realized what a great friend you are, and even though we weren't great friends in the start, you're a great friend to me now. I'll see you around, Misen." Rynn said, hugging you. You hugged her back, then let go. They finally left.

"Time to get ready to open the shop!" booze man said. "I'm going to bed for the day." Pyoran said, heading inside. Then it was just you, Fushi, and Gugu outside. "Hey, Gugu." Fushi started. "What is it?" Gugu asked. "Teach me how to cook." Fushi said. "Me too!" you added excitedly. "Oh! Where'd that come from? You guys wanna be like me now?"

- - -

FOUR YEARS LATER

"Welcome." "Give me the same as last time." "Can I get a sample of that?" "Of course." "The alcohol here has gotten much tastier." The conversations ran on throughout the day. "You've been here for a while now, haven't you, son? How many years has it been since you came? Has it been four years?" booze man asked. "Yep." Gugu said. Gugu was now a muscular teenager. "Gugu, give me a quick hand here." booze man said.

"You shouldn't put things so high." booze man said while Gugu was putting something on a tall shelf.

"You shouldn't fill them up so much." booze man said while Gugu was carrying a big buckey.

"You've sure gotten strong, Gugu. You used to be this tiny!" the booze man said, measuring his old self with his fingers.

- - -

"Excuse meee!" Rean said, walking in. "H-Hey Rean! Run away from home again?" Gugu asked, holding heavy sacks. "Yep! The second time this month!" Rean said excitedly. "And what's your excuse this time?" Gugu asked. "Fushi said he was interested in sewing... so I brought a bunch of supplies from home! Maybe I'll teach Misen too! If she's interested..." Rean said. "If it's Fushi you're looking for, he's helping Misen cook lunch." Gugu said. "That means they're on the second floor, right?" Rean asked. 

They all went on the second floor. "Yep! That looks delicious! Fushi and Misen's really turned into a good cook!" Rean said. "Yeah, but it's really Misen who's the best at cooking. Why don't you join us for lunch?" Gugu asked Rean. "Wait. Fushi and Misen aren't here." Gugu said. "Fushi's taking a bath, dunno where Misen is." Pyoran said, starting to eat. "Hey! You started eating alone again, ma'am! Don't I tell you every time to wait until everyone gets here?!" Gugu said angrily. "Shaddap! If I wait for you people, the food'll get cold!" Pyoran argued.

Fushi put his shirt on, done with his bath. He looked in his reflection in the water, and saw hair growing on his chin. "Oh." he said. "Fushi? Where are you?" you asked, coming outside. You were still wearing the dress Rean gave to you four years ago. (Of course you wash it though.) "Over here!" Fushi shouted. "Oh, there you are." you said. You walked over, and so did Gugu.

"Hey, hurry it up, guys. We're all gonna eat together." Gugu said. Fushi was still looking at his reflection. "Okay, I'm coming." Fushi said. "Same. I'm just waiting for Fushi." you said, placing your hands on your hips. "What were you looking at so intently? Keep popping those zits." Gugu told Fushi. "Oh... no. There's hair growing out of my chin." Fushi said. "Oh! You're growing a bear, eh?" Gugu asked. Since Gugu has grown, you and Fushi have grown as well, and your bodies were changing.

"Yeah, and my chest has been growing bigger too! I don't know why though." you said. "A-ah... that's something you should talk to Rean and Pyoran about..." Gugu said, flustered. You were confused. While you all were walking back, Gugu said, "It's almost like you guys are adults. Congrats."

You all sat at the dinner table happily eating food.