Part 11 || Pain.

You ran with Fushi, trying to run away from all of these people. Hayase aimed an arrow at Fushi, while the guard aimmed his arrow at you. "3... 2... 1." Hayase counted down. They both shot at the same time, hitting both you and Fushi. You yelped in pain, Fushi stumbled. "Amazing!" a man said. "Impale them." Hayase said. "Yes." the guard said. The guards surrounded you and Fushi, impaling both of you with their swords. 

"Progress report. With regards to acquiring something from this external impulse, Fushi and Misen failed to transform into the stimulus." someone said, assumingly the black hooded man.

"Carry them." the guard said, carrying you and Fushi with the swords that were impaling him.

"Perhaps it is because they acquired consciousness, the first level of growth. Had Misen and Fushi transformed into one of the arrows or swords impaling them, or simply died, they would certainly have found release from the pain." the voice continued. "But they did not choose to do so. For Fushi, this could be understood as a result of the influence of the will of either the boy or the wolf. But the true cause was likely that there was no need. It's a great possibility he did this for Misen. It is most likely he did this for Misen. For Misen, she definitely did this for the boy. The boy and Fushi are her top priorities."

"Rather than discard the consciousness and wait for external change, it is more logical to walk on their own feet and seek change themself. After all, that is how they were designed." the voice finished.

 "How pitiful. Even in this state, They're still alive..." the guard said, still holding you and Fushi up with their swords.

- - -

March woke up to see Hayase. "March, please calm this one down." Hayase said, throwing Fushi in. Fushi growled and kept repeating, "It hurts." "As for this one, just... comfort it." Hayase said throwing you in. You had just given up entirely. You stopped moving, and you were just tired. "While you're at it, teach them to understand human speech." Hayase said. You already understood some of what they were saying, just not all of it.

"Fu?! Mi?! Fu, Mi, is that you?!" March asked. When you heard her voice you immediately started to move. She opened the bags that you both were placed in. "It hurts." Fushi said. You walked over to March and collapsed. "Oh no! Mi, I'll help you!" March said, taking the arrow out of your back. She then pulled the arrow out of Fushi's back. "I won't forgive whoever did this!" March said. "There we go, there we go..." March said, stroking you and Fushi's heads. "There. You're both all better now." March said. "March? Are you with Fushi and Misen?" a voice asked from out the window.

March looked out the window. "Up here!" Parona said out of the window above March. "Big sis!" March shouted. "March, is there anything down there?" Parona asked. "Anything...?" March mumbled. "There's some straw and a bowl." March said, not noticing anything else. "Ah, I have two arrows that were stuck in Misen and Fushi." March exclaimed. "Good! I'll only need one, tie it onto this." Parona said, holding some rope down so March could tie the arrow onto it. "What are you going to use it for?" March asked, tying an arrow onto the rope. "Not sure." Parona said, bringing the rope up.

"Bring March up there!" March said. "No. We might fall and get stuck." Parona answered quickly. "What is this place? What's going to happen to us?" March asked worriedly. "Now, now, don't worry March." Parona said. "Oh, could you ball up some of Fushi and Misen's fur and give it here?" Parona asked. "...Yeah." March responded. She went to Fushi first, then you. You laid right next to her, leaning on her leg. You were exhausted.

March looked over at the big bear that was being hauled by the guards. "A bit to the right! There!" a guard shouted, directing the others where to position the bear. "It hurts. It hurts." Fushi kept repeating, starting to get up. "What happened Fu?" March asked. You didn't want to get up. You wanted to lay down forever. You were so tired. "It hurts. It hurts." Fushi walked over to the wall and started to scratch at the floor. "Haven't you wounds healed already?!" March asked.